Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
Being a Regional Vice President of Commercial banking and Private Wealth Management at National Bank means contributing to the implementation of the Commercial and Private Wealth 1859 strategy. It also means taking charge of a team of specialists who contribute to the growth of businesses in the region by offering advice, support and financial services tailored to clients.
Reporting to the Commercial banking and Private Wealth Market Leader - Montreal, you will act as a leader for the region and the Montreal Centre North team. This team is composed of approximately 15 employees, including Account Managers, Financing Solutions Managers and a Team Leader.
- Effectively manage your team by creating an engaging work environment that reflects your qualities as an accomplished leader
- Maximize your team members’ contribution by setting performance objectives and tracking them regularly
- Support organizational changes and contribute to the development of your team through a multidisciplinary team approach (Commercial, Private Wealth1859, Insurance, PF, etc.) around the client and all of their needs
- Anticipate human resources development needs in relation to the Bank's organizational changes and strategic orientations and address them through personalized coaching
- Identify and develop business opportunities in your market, increase your commercial client base and establish business development strategies
- Seek to expand your knowledge and that of your team in integrated consulting services Commercial and PW1859
- Analyze and understand clients’ needs
- Ensure maximum market visibility for the Bank by participating in business development activities
- Develop new business niches and define sales and development strategies based on the Bank's orientations
- Determine orientations for sales and client service that support the Bank's objectives, in addition to ensuring the buy-in of the parties involved
- Identify and propose ways to change and rethink work practices so as to boost process and system efficiency
- Keep abreast of economic trends affecting the Commercial Banking sector and ensure that the products and services offered meet our clients’ evolving needs
- You must be able to identify and manage the risks inherent to Personal and Commercial Banking activities
More specifically, you will:
- Oversee a sustainable and profitable growth plan and meet financial performance targets
- Develop a skilled, proactive and engaged sales force in order to create a superior client experience
- Take charge of change management to leverage the full benefits of various initiatives
- Implement business strategies focused on agility and standardization
- Ensure visibility for the Bank and promote its products and services with various external parties (e.g., accountants, lawyers, BDC, EDC, IQ, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in a related field and 10 years of relevant experience or master's degree in a related field and 8 years of relevant experience
- Significant experience dealing with Commercial Banking clients
- Solid background in personnel management
- Experience in complex financing structures and risk analysis
- Experience in sales coaching
- Negotiation experience
- Knowledge of the Wealth management industry or field, an asset
- Ability to maximize the use of sales management tools (e.g., dashboards)
- Bilingualism, spoken and written (English and French) to deal with only English-speaking and only French-speaking clients
In addition to competitive compensation, upon hiring you’ll be eligible for a wide range of flexible benefits to help promote your wellbeing and that of your family.
• Health and wellness program, including many options
• Flexible group insurance
• Generous pension plan
• Employee Share Ownership Plan
• Employee and Family Assistance Program
• Preferential banking services
• Initiatives promoting community involvement
• Telemedicine service
• Virtual sleep clinic
These are a few of the benefits available to you. We have an offer that keeps up with trends as well as your needs and those of your family.
Our dynamic work environments and cutting-edge collaboration tools foster a positive employee experience. We actively listen to employees’ ideas. Whether through our surveys or programs, regular feedback and ongoing communication is encouraged.
We're putting people first
We're a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on peoples' lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that is accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodations, feel free to let us know during your first conversations with us.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Ready to live your ambitions?
JobField: Advisory Services, Commercial Banking
Unposting Date: 2023-02-15
Job Number: MAN00462
Posting Date: 2023-01-25