Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
- Have you already been part of several projects that had a significant impact on the Bank’s profitability and operational efficiency?
- Are you interested in analyzing business issues, identifying needs and proposing strategies to support project execution, budget management and process improvements?
- Do you know how to make recommendations and are you able to influence different stakeholders?
Come join National Bank’s Business Integration Strategies team. Being a project manager means working in a dynamic environment where you can excel and work in close collaboration with all sectors of the Bank. You'll have the opportunity to learn and develop within a team that communicates openly and promotes transparency, integrity and respect for individuals. You'll be part of a dynamic, innovative team where management practices foster a good work/life balance.
Your main task will be to oversee the department’s mandates related to business project management for the different National Bank sectors.
Reporting to the Project Management Manager, your main challenges will be to:
- Establish and maintain effective partnerships with the various stakeholders involved in the sector's priority projects
- Initiate changes and regularly re-examine work methods to support continuous improvement
- Ensure the development and maintenance of project management methodologies, processes and tools
- Manage major projects from planning to deployment
- Manage the business relationship with internal partners (sponsors) to ensure sound project management
- Help solve problems, overcome obstacles and manage conflicts
- Identify the interdependencies of sector projects and make recommendations for project scope definition and governance
- Coach project managers assigned to priority projects in the Personal and Commercial Banking sector
- Promote industry tools and incorporate the Bank's best project management practices
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 7 years of relevant experience OR a master’s degree in a related field and 5 years of relevant experience OR university certificate/undergraduate diploma from the National Bank University Program and 9 years of relevant experience
- PMP certification, an asset
- Extensive experience in project management
- Experience navigating the complexity and politics of a large organization
- Knowledge of different project management methodologies (Agile)
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and complexity
- Dynamic and passionate team player
- Experience coaching employees
- Good knowledge of Personal and Commercial Banking processes
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to influence, great leadership, autonomous and ability to work well under pressure
- Bilingualism, spoken and written (English and French)
Does this challenge interest you?
Working at National Bank means having access to competitive working conditions, a wide range of employee benefits, a dynamic work environment and telemedicine services.
National Bank values all aspects of diversity and sees it as a tremendous source of wealth. We want to offer an open, respectful work environment where all employees can achieve their full potential. Senior management has made a concrete commitment to promote this value across all sectors of the organization. We're committed to providing accommodations as needed and ensuring accessibility during the recruitment process and after hiring. If you have any specific needs, please let us know during our initial conversation and we'll be happy to accommodate you.
JobField: Project Management
Unposting Date: 2021-05-13
Job Number: PRO001CD
Posting Date: 2021-04-29