Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
Being a Project Manager at National Bank means working in a dynamic environment where you excel and work in close collaboration with all sectors of the Bank. You'll have the opportunity to learn and develop within a team that communicates openly and promotes transparency, integrity and respect for individuals. You will be part of a dynamic team where management practices foster a good work/life balance. Come join the Business Integration Strategies team!
Your main challenges
- Manage and implement large-scale business projects, prioritized by the Personal and Commercial Banking sector
- Manage a multidisciplinary work team with a dotted-line reporting relationship by creating an motivating work environment and applying your leadership skills
- Establish and maintain effective partnerships with the various stakeholders involved in the sector’s priority projects
- Initiate changes and regularly re-examine work methods to support continuous improvement
- Ensure the development and maintenance of a successful project management methodology, processes and tools while remaining aligned with the Bank's best practices
More specifically, you will:
- Manage major projects from planning to deployment as project manager, program manager or operational deployment lead
- Manage the business relationship with internal partners (sponsors) to ensure sound project management
- Identify the interdependencies of sector projects and make recommendations for project scope definition and governance
- Coach project leaders assigned to priority projects in the Personal and Commercial Banking sector
- Promote the sector’s tools and incorporate the Bank’s best practices for project management
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and seven (7) years of relevant experience OR Master’s degree in a related field and five (5) years of relevant experience OR university certificate/undergraduate diploma from the National Bank University Program and nine (9) years of relevant experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification; an asset
- Significant experience in project management and deployments (7-10 years)
- Experience coaching employees
- Solid knowledge of Personal and Commercial Banking processes, an asset
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Bilingualism, spoken and written (English and French)
Upon hiring, you will be eligible for a wide range of benefits. In addition to competitive compensation, we offer attractive benefits for you and your family:
- Health and wellness program, including many benefits
- Flexible group insurance
- Defined benefit pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and family assistance program
- Preferred banking services
- Volunteer program
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are just a few of the many benefits we offer. We've rolled out a number of additional measures to ensure your health, safety and wellbeing during the pandemic.
We're putting people first
We're a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on peoples' lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that is accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodations, feel free to let us know during your first conversations with us.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Ready to live your ambitions?
JobField: Project Management
Unposting Date: 2022-01-19
Job Number: PRO001F1
Posting Date: 2022-01-05