Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
We are currently looking for a technical project lead to join the design and development team. Reporting to the team manager, your key responsibilities will mainly involve designing and developing projects for bank branches, office spaces, and banking machines, to name a few. You’ll manage minor construction projects for National Bank and update standards books for the branch network and points of sale, among others.
You will be responsible for coordinating and executing all stages of a project. You will develop, plan and coordinate all required work with professionals, general contractors and clients to complete projects efficiently.
- Open projects assigned to you and request budgetary authorization to execute them
- Produce, when needed, plans for executing various tasks: preparing plans, considering specific details, and updating master plans
- Design technical plans and recommend materials and finishes based on the designs established for the different National Bank brands
- Prepare reports and make recommendations when needed
- Provide technical support to your colleagues in the Premises Department
- Manage the administrative aspects of projects assigned using various computer tools (Jira, Archidata, Ariba)
- Based on the scope of the work, proceed with RFPs from professionals and/or contractors
- Ensure adherence to work schedules and budgets
- Research proposed solutions with suppliers or consultants
- Update and maintain the documentation for your projects in the tools defined by National Bank (Archidata)
- Ensure adherence to all internal practices, codes, and procedures in effect
- Execute all other tasks requested by your supervisor, depending on the parameters of the position.
We want to contribute to your quality of life by offering you as much flexibility as possible in your work. For example, we offer hybrid work (remote and in the office), work schedule arrangements to help you achieve work/life balance and flexible leave that you can take when it’s important to you.
- Have a bachelor’s degree in a building discipline (construction, architecture, or other related training) and 3 to 5 years of relevant experience, or a technical DEC (college diploma in Quebec) in a building discipline (construction, architecture or other related training) and at least 5 years of extensive experience in your field
- Proven experience with AutoCAD
- Good knowledge of the office automation tools in the Office suite
- Skilled in priority management and work organization
- Creative and up-to-date on office design trends
- Client-centric (courtesy, diplomacy and soft skills)
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to multi-task
- Autonomy and initiative
- Ability to communicate effectively in English (for dealing with English-speaking partners outside Quebec)
- Relevant building management experience
- Familiarity with Archidata
In addition to competitive compensation, upon hiring you’ll be eligible for a wide range of flexible benefits to help promote your wellbeing and that of your family.
- Health and wellness program, including many options
- Flexible group insurance
- Generous pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Preferential banking services
- Initiatives promoting community involvement
- Telemedicine service
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are a few of the benefits available to you. We have an offer that keeps up with trends as well as your needs and those of your family.
Our dynamic work environments and cutting-edge collaboration tools foster a positive employee experience. We actively listen to employees’ ideas. Whether through our surveys or programs, regular feedback and ongoing communication is encouraged.
We're putting people first
We're a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on peoples' lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that is accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodations, feel free to let us know during your first conversations with us.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Ready to live your ambitions?
Particular Condition:This position requires the availability to travel within Canada.
The compensation associated with this position is available on the My HR portal. Look up "salary scales" in the search field on the portal.
*** Please note that a special attention will be given to relocated employees who meet the job requirements. ***
Unposting Date: 2023-03-29
Job Number: PRO001IO
Posting Date: 2023-03-15