Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
- Do you have experience in product strategy and management?
- Do you have knowledge of Commercial Banking clients?
- Do you have an in-depth knowledge of commercial products and the cash management system?
This position is likely for you!
With your up-to-date knowledge of the market and trends, you will align operations with the product strategy and use feedback from the sales force and clients to validate this strategy and adapt the products.
This position reports to the Senior Manager – Cash Management Solutions, Commercial Banking Your main challenges will be to:
- For the portfolio of products under your responsibility:
- Define strategic orientations related to product management and development in order to achieve objectives
- Set business orientations for the new ranges of products developed
- Establish pricing strategies for products based on profitability and growth objectives
- Keep abreast of changes in Commercial Banking client needs and market trends
- Assess the Bank's competitive position, make projections concerning your product growth rates, monitor the development of sales and usage volumes for your products, and recommend strategies for optimal positioning in the industry
- Act as a coach on your work team, particularly for product leads.
- Develop, influence and implement projects, business processes and large-scale mandates that have a major impact on the Bank's profitability and efficiency
- Establish and maintain effective communications and enhance internal and external communications
More specifically, you will:
- Prioritize your portfolio of initiatives based on human resources, IT and budget capacities in order to meet client needs and business targets
- Support your strategies and decisions using financial targets and analyses Carry out executive presentations with your recommendations
- Work with risk teams to optimize the risk/return ratio (e.g., PARC processes, action plan management)
- Guide the business lines with product pricing and offers when drawing up requests for proposals
- Negotiate major complex agreements with different business partners
- Be available to participate in incidents related to the team’s products/applications (24/7, on rotation on the team)
- Make decisions needed based on internal and client impacts
*The candidate needs to be able to identify all risks inherent to the sector .
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 7 years of relevant experience OR master’s degree in a related field and 5 years of relevant experience OR university certificate/undergraduate diploma from the National Bank University Program and 9 years of relevant experience
- Certified Treasury Professional (CTP), an asset
- Relevant experience in product strategy and management
- Knowledge of commercial and cash management products, including the Canadian payment system. In particular: pre-authorized debit/direct deposit, EDI, payment of accounts, Lockbox, BAI statement
- Recognized experience in managing and delivering large-scale projects, particularly matrix-based, an asset
- Experience in an advisory role with management
- Background in business client experience, an asset
- Experience in managing business partners, an asset
- Bilingualism, both spoken and written (English and French), essential
We strive to be an inclusive organization where all employees are valued. National Bank stands out for its many initiatives to promote inclusion, making it a Canada-wide leader in diversity.
JobField: Advisory Services, Commercial Banking
Unposting Date: 2019-05-27
Job Number: ADV000D9
Posting Date: 2019-05-10