Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
- Do you have experience in strategic planning, portfolio management and Employee Experience strategy?
- Do you enjoy strategic writing?
- Are you recognized for your strong sense of collaboration, influencing skills, high-quality work and ability to take charge?
The MISSION of the Employee Analytics and Business Strategy team is to fully exploit employee data in order to understand and anticipate the impact of our actions on employees, clients and the community and focus on actions that maximize our positive impact.
As a Principal Advisor, Strategic Planning and Consulting in the Employee Experience sector, you will...
- Ensure that EE sector activities are aligned in order to meet the essential needs of employees, clients and the community.
- Communicate EE sector priorities and how they relate to the Bank’s orientations and employee needs, in particular by drafting strategic documents.
- Create a two-way feedback loop with Bank employees.
- Work in a dynamic environment with colleagues who embody our values of partnership, agility, transparency and empowerment every day.
- Play a key role in achieving our ambition to be the most stimulating workplace in the country.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of the 27-member Employee Analytics and Business Strategy team, your role will be to:
- Lead strategic planning for the EE sector, by developing the approach, leading executive meetings and contributing to strategic directions
- Work with senior managers to guide initiatives and align ongoing projects
- Continue with planning throughout the year, carry out portfolio management, monitor finances and the progress of initiatives, provide regular progress updates, and ensure that initiatives are aligned with the Bank’s priorities and the Employee Voice
- Write documents on the Bank’s Employee Experience strategy
You’ll make an impact through your advisory and influencing role with management, your strategic vision, strong leadership, skill in establishing partnerships and ability to communicate, analyze and summarize information and make recommendations.
You’ll have the opportunity to challenge yourself and make a difference by helping to achieve the objectives for Employee Experience’s strategic initiatives.
Your day to day:
- Plan, coordinate and ensure the governance of strategic planning on an ongoing basis
- Coach, support, empower and guide members of management and their teams to help them carry out various activities, produce deliverables and use different tools, with a view to developing their autonomy, particularly by developing and leading workshops
- Act as a partner to senior management, influencing and making recommendations that have a significant impact on decision-making and strategic directions
- Analyze and communicate results/highlights/areas of ambiguity/risks and issues
- Draft strategic documents, including the Employee Experience business plan
- Increase strategic alignment and reinforce efforts by having a broad vision of the EE sector and an in-depth understanding of issues, business needs and initiatives
Want to learn more about the position? Contact Geneviève Barrette.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in project management, HR or a related field, PMP certification (an asset) with 10 years of experience in strategy consulting, project management, strategic planning and portfolio management
- Knowledge of agile methodology and developments in HR/Employee Experience
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, SharePoint (an asset) and Jira
- Bilingualism, both spoken and written (English and French), essential
The Bank has innovated by updating its performance appraisal system to better meet our clients’ changing needs. That’s why the expected behaviours of partnership, agility, and empowerment count as much as achieving business objectives.
- Are you ready to meet this CHALLENGE? Apply now!
The Bank has innovated by modernizing its performance evaluation system to better meet our clients’ evolving needs. From now on, the corporate values (expected behaviours) of partnership, agility and empowerment count as much as the business objectives.
Working at National Bank means having access to competitive working conditions, a wide range of employee benefits, a dynamic work environment and telemedicine services.
National Bank sees diversity as a great source of wealth and values it in all its dimensions. Its objective is to offer an open, respectful work environment where all employees can achieve their full potential. Senior management's concrete commitment helps spread this value across all sectors in the organization. The Bank has been ranked among the top employers for diversity in Canada for several years.
JobField: Human Resources
Unposting Date: 2021-06-25
Job Number: HUM000GK
Posting Date: 2021-06-10