Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
- Do you have a good knowledge of corporate governance and corporate law?
- Are you known for your diligence, attention to detail and ability to collaborate?
- Do you have excellent interpersonal skills?
We are looking for a paralegal who loves a challenge, who is used to managing tight deadlines and would like to experience personal growth within a dynamic and multidisciplinary team.
This position reports to the Manager – Governance in the Bank's Legal Affairs department.
- Be responsible for the corporate governance of certain subsidiaries of the Bank, preserving their legal existence, maintaining their minute books, preparing their board and committee meetings and coordinating the filing of required corporate and regulatory reports
- Participate in the realization of certain projects such as corporate reorganizations, the implementation of new guidelines, standards or regulations and the deployment of new tools or processes
- Contribute to the achievement of the team's business objectives by advising and providing technical support to stakeholders with respect to the legal aspects of corporate and regulatory law related to the various activities and operations of the Bank and its subsidiaries
- Ensure legislative and regulatory monitoring in corporate law and corporate governance
- Be proactive in your work environment, in particular by improving the quality of the services, systems and processes of the Governance team
- Completed college degree in Paralegal Technology and 3 years of relevant experience an asset
- Good knowledge of corporate law
- Team player with good interpersonal skills
- Excellent knowledge of Office tools (Teams for collaborative work)
- Thoroughness and attention to detail in the preparation and processing of documents
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Bilingual (spoken/written) French and English
- Good knowledge of securities law an asset
- Experience in a corporate secretariat an asset
Upon hiring, you will be eligible for a wide range of benefits. In addition to competitive compensation, we offer attractive benefits for you and your family:
- Health and wellness program, including many benefits
- Flexible group insurance
- Defined benefit pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and family assistance program
- Preferred banking services
- Volunteer program
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are just a few of the many benefits we offer. We've rolled out a number of additional measures to ensure your health, safety and wellbeing during the pandemic.
We're putting people first
We're a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on peoples' lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that is accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodations, feel free to let us know during your first conversations with us.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Ready to live your ambitions?
Unposting Date: 2022-05-22
Job Number: LEG000D5
Posting Date: 2022-05-13