Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
National Bank is carrying out the biggest technology upgrade in its history. We’re reviewing our systems and processes to simplify them and align them more closely with our clients’ needs.
Come work in a multidisciplinary team that manages and delivers web and mobile app projects.
Do you love technology? Do you enjoy working on hands-on projects? Are you naturally inquisitive? Do you like challenging the status quo?
If you have boundless energy, like to take initiative and enjoy working as part of a team, read on!
- You’re a hands-on person with an Agile mindset
- You have and experience configuring and managing applications with IBM WebSphere.
- You have at least four years’ prior experience in system administration.
As a middleware administrator, you are a specialist in developing and managing resilient critical assets. You’ll actively participate in executing our DevOps vision by integrating best practices. Concretely, you will work with the asset manager to develop one of the Bank’s most critical apps using tools in the following categories:
- Administration of middleware products via WAS, Linux, Solaris, LDAP Sun
- Collaboration (Jira/Confluence)
- Source code management (SCM: Git)
- Continuous integration servers (Jenkins 2 with pipeline as code, UrbanCode)
- Artifact management (Nexus)
- Application monitoring (Datadog or equivalent) to measure all these applications and ensure they deliver the expected business value to our clients
- Knowledge of the following, an asset: continuous deployment, automated testing, application monitoring, Docker (basic knowledge), Kubernetes, Google Kubernetes Engine, AWS
Your main responsibilities:
- Participate actively in identifying and resolving incidents affecting the technological and application environment (on-call work)
- Together with the system administrators, define configurations for these products in the development, IT, AT, pre-production and production environments
- Serve as the IT point of contact in the event of incidents, coordinating efforts to mitigate the business impact of end-to-end business processes
- Help carry out incident post-mortems and implement action plans to improve reliability
- Perform daily operational and administrative activities for IT and application environments in production
- Plan and execute releases
- Propose and implement improvements aligned with trends and opportunities to improve the reliability of environments• Develop, implement and maintain the monitoring and alert systems required to proactively identify incidents and react quickly
- Maintain service level indicators to make it possible to balance efforts between improving reliability and adding functionality
- Update and maintain operating documentation: Operating Guide, knowledge database
- Ensure compliance with norms, policies, development standards and best practices for these products
- WebSphere Application Server for our applications
- Linux EC2 on AWS for operating systems
- Datadog for system metrics and data profiling
- Bitbucket to manage our versions of scripts and tools
- Jenkins for the “Continuous Integration – Continuous Deployment” pipeline
- Jira and Confluence to monitor activities and documents
- AIX and AWS to manage our infrastructure
- Our applications mainly use Java, but the application landscape has been introducing apps developed as microservices in Docker containers and private or public cloud platforms
We want to contribute to your quality of life by offering you as much flexibility as possible in your work. For example, we offer hybrid work (remote and in the office), work schedule arrangements to help you achieve work/life balance and flexible leave that you can take when it’s important to you.
- A bachelor’s or master's degree in a related field plus four years of relevant experience
- At least two years of experience in WebSphere configuration and administration
- At least two years of experience in Perl/Shell/Python scripting to automate operating tasks
- Good knowledge of AppDynamics and Datadog, for system metrics and data profiling
- Ability to understand end-to-end business processes and how they are supported by technology
- Very good knowledge of Bitbucket, so you can manage our versions of scripts and tools
- Very good knowledge of Jira and Confluence, so you can monitor activities and documents
- Good knowledge of Jenkins, so you can integrate the testing process into the "Continuous Integration – Continuous Deployment – Continuous Testing" chain
- Good knowledge of AWS, so you can manage our infrastructure
- Bilingualism (English and French) required, as you will frequently interact with service providers or partners who speak a language other than French
In addition to competitive compensation, upon hiring you’ll be eligible for a wide range of flexible benefits to help promote your wellbeing and that of your family.
• Health and wellness program, including many options
• Flexible group insurance
• Generous pension plan
• Employee Share Ownership Plan
• Employee and Family Assistance Program
• Preferential banking services
• Initiatives promoting community involvement
• Telemedicine service
• Virtual sleep clinic
These are a few of the benefits available to you. We have an offer that keeps up with trends as well as your needs and those of your family.
Our dynamic work environments and cutting-edge collaboration tools foster a positive employee experience. We actively listen to employees’ ideas. Whether through our surveys or programs, regular feedback and ongoing communication is encouraged.
We're putting people first :
We're a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on peoples' lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that is accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodations, feel free to let us know during your first conversations with us.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Ready to live your ambitions?
Unposting Date: 2023-03-29
Job Number: IT001ZS
Posting Date: 2023-03-15