Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
Being a manager in the Transactional Accounting Treasury Financial Markets team means working with a dynamic team of professionals where the work is stimulating and where management practices promote a good work-life balance. It means implementing the actions necessary for the delivery of the service offer while aiming to improve the efficiency, productivity and profitability of your sector. It also means mobilizing and maximizing the contribution of your employees, while ensuring their development and the development of their skills through personalized coaching.
This position reports to the Senior Manager, Transactional Accounting Treasury Financial Markets.
Your main challenges:
- Manage a team of professionals by creating a climate conducive to motivation and exercising your leadership appropriately
- Maximize staff contribution by setting performance goals that will lead your team to surpass themselves, while ensuring follow-up and achievement
- Ensure the evolution of your employees and develop their skills through personalized "coaching" with a view to succession for the organization
- Act as a financial, accounting or tax advisor to management and stakeholders and make recommendations to them in order to maximize the Bank's profitability and efficiency
- Put in place management and operating strategies as well as ensure the development and implementation of systems and policies aimed at optimizing the efficiency, productivity and profitability of the service
- Establish and maintain effective partnerships with the various stakeholders involved in the service's activities and optimize relations with them
- Participate in various committees that require a high level of expertise and represent the Bank externally
More specifically, you will have to:
- Participate in the definition of the group's orientations (objectives)
- Ensure the completeness and integrity of transactions in the ledgers
- Participate in large-scale projects that will have an impact on the sector
- Participate in the evolution of source systems, their accounting module, and their strategic positioning
- Actively participate in the continuous improvement of Treasury and Financial Markets operational processes
- Support the Treasury and Financial Markets accounting teams
- Bachelor's degree related to the sector of activity and 7 years of relevant experience or Master's degree related to the sector of activity and 5 years of relevant experience
- Hold the CPA accounting designation
- Experience in personnel management
- Good knowledge of IFRS standards
- Good knowledge of the field and transactional processes of Financial Markets
- In-depth knowledge of conventional financial instruments, derivatives, hedge funds and complex financial arrangements
- High level of knowledge of specialized computer applications (financial transactional platform ie: Murex, FMC, ISM), desirable
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Bilingualism (spoken/written) French and English
Upon hiring, you will be eligible for a wide range of benefits. In addition to competitive compensation, we offer attractive benefits for you and your family:
Health and wellness program, including many benefits
Flexible group insurance
Defined benefit pension plan
Employee Share Ownership Plan
Employee and family assistance program
Preferred banking services
Virtual sleep clinic
These are just a few of the many benefits we offer. We've rolled out a number of additional measures to ensure your health, safety and wellbeing during the pandemic.
We're putting people first
We're a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on peoples' lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that is accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodations, feel free to let us know during your first conversations with us.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Ready to live your ambitions?
Unposting Date: 2022-07-01
Job Number: FIN00993
Posting Date: 2022-06-17