Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
- Do you have an interest and expertise in compliance and Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing ACT (PCMLTFA)?
- Are you recognized for your leadership skills?
- Are you passionate about managing a team in risk management and surveillance activities?
As a manager of the Detection and Surveillance PCMLTF R&C and International sector, you will act as leader of a dynamic team. You will develop, maintain, and evolve the key components of PCMLTF detection and surveillance while taking into consideration the experience of our clients and partners. Lead the realization of various complex analysis, mandates and large-scale projects while formulating recommendations to management. Also, elaborate operations and management strategies aimed at improving the efficiency, productivity, and profitability of your sector.
The Manager position reports to the Senior Manager – Financial Crime Management.
- Ensure a sound and optimal management of your team by creating a mobilized environment reflective of your leadership skills.
- Define the orientation, position, guidelines and support necessary for our partners when a case is of importance to risks related to PCMLTF.
- Ensure the implementation of management and operating strategies as well as the development and implementation of systems and adequate work processes aimed at improving the efficiency, productivity, and profitability of your sector.
- Maximize staff contribution by encouraging innovative behavior and establishing performance goals in line with the business plan that you will implement and monitor.
- Anticipate the development needs of our human resources according to organisational changes and the strategic orientation of the Bank and ensure the evolution of your employees through personalized coaching.
- Orient and direct the realization of diverse complex analysis, mandates and large-scale projects and formulate recommendations to guide management decisions related to PCMLTF risks.
- Establish and maintain partnerships with key players in the sector and act as a mobilizing agent to facilitate the achievement of common goals.
- Participate as a PCMLTF expert with analysts, partners or important decisional committees and ensure the visibility of the Bank and its Subsidiaries as a representative in external activities, organizations, or people of influence in the domain.
- Ensure the management of a large team (approximately thirty employees) covering detection and surveillance of PCMLTF R&C/International by creating a motivating environment conductive of your role as a leader while respecting the rules of PCMLTF.
- Ensure the proactive end-to-end management of complex cases while mitigating the PCMLTF risks.
- Develop, optimize, and update processes and procedures of detection and surveillance of transactions for retail and commercial clients.
- Supervise and orient various participants such as the Ombudsman or Legal affairs in the resolution of litigious or complex cases related to PCMLTF risks.
- Manage the relationship with the business line in complex PCMLTF cases to contribute to the client and partner experience.
- Implement management and communication practices that favor change management, attraction and retention of talent, skills development, mobilisation, and diversity all in line with the values of the Bank.
- Ensure proactive management of emerging risks and mitigation strategies related to PCMLTF in the financing and banking industries.
- Ensure a first-rate leadership with different participants implicated in the management of different risk types.
- Represent the PCMLTF sector within the operationalization of strategies, detection, and surveillance of different PCMLTF projects within the Bank.
- Ensure the update of specialized and transversal knowledge of indicators and stratagems, as well as the guidelines from FINTRAC and OSFI related to PCMLTF.
- Verify, approve, and transmit suspicious transaction reports to regulatory authorities (FINTRAC) for the Bank and its subsidiaries.
- Ensure the evolution of detection scenarios and analysis methods related to PCMLTF programs.
Bachelor’s degree related to the sector of activity and 7 to 10 years of relevant experience
- Solid experience in Management of personnel
- Experience in operations management and process optimisation
- Knowledge of PCMLTF law
- Knowledge of retail and commercial banking operations and its Subsidiaries
- Communication skills and ability to influence
- Knowledge of the technology in the banking industry (example: SAP, ACAPS, CO, SWIFT, Mastercard as well as tools such as Actimize and Navaera)
- Bilingual (spoken/written) French and English.
The Bank has innovated by modernizing its performance evaluation system to better meet our clients’ evolving needs. From now on, the corporate values (expected behaviours) of partnership, agility and empowerment count as much as the business objectives.
Working at National Bank means having access to competitive working conditions, a wide range of employee benefits, a dynamic work environment and telemedicine services.
National Bank sees diversity as a great source of wealth and values it in all its dimensions. Its objective is to offer an open, respectful work environment where all employees can achieve their full potential. Senior management's concrete commitment helps spread this value across all sectors in the organization. The Bank has been ranked among the top employers for diversity in Canada for several years.
Unposting Date: 2021-09-21
Job Number: RIS00169
Posting Date: 2021-09-15