Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Temporary
Timeframe: 12 months
- Are you interested in the Operations sector? Are you looking to support the Commercial Banking and Capital Market business lines in their delivery of services to commercial banking clients and large corporations?
- Do you want to optimize operations and recommend and propose new practices while mitigating risks?
- Would you like to put your leadership skills and talent to use to influence decisions?
As Manager, Corporate Banking Operations, you will have the opportunity to do stimulating and varied work with a dynamic and growing team, all in an environment of trust. You will also engage your professional employees and help them maximize their contribution while helping them progress and develop their skills through personalized coaching. You will provide inspiring leadership by initiating and executing the actions necessary for achieving a distinctive customer experience while improving your sector’s performance.
You will have the opportunity to distinguish yourself through your ability to initiate and handle change and your management experience.
Your main responsibilities:
- Manage a team of experts responsible for providing financing to large corporate clients.
- Represent the sector and act as a point of contact with various partners and customers in the implementation of joint strategies aimed at delivering a distinctive customer experience.
- Support and advise clients and partners in order to reach a quick and efficient resolution to problematic situations, while ensuring that risks are properly mitigated.
- Create skills development strategies in order to develop expertise within the team.
- Recommend changes to develop internal practices and external partners. Participate in the development and implementation of these practices, in collaboration with other sectors.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 10 years of relevant experience or master’s degree in a related field and 8 years of relevant experience
- Considerable personnel management experience
- Knowledge of corporate financing, including specialized fields such as syndicated loans
- Experience optimizing processes and operations
- Experience planning and organizing work based on volume, resources and priorities
- Experience managing operational performance (KPIs, deadlines, quality) and group performance (synergy and teamwork)
- Excellent aptitude for change management
- Proper understanding of dashboards and ability to track them
- Ability to communicate with and engage a team
- Ability to influence and rally various stakeholders and partners
- Ability to influence and strong leadership skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and under pressure
- Bilingualism, spoken and written (English and French); mandatory
Interested in the position? Apply now!
The Bank has innovated by modernizing its performance evaluation system to better meet our clients’ evolving needs. From now on, the corporate values (expected behaviours) of partnership, agility and empowerment count as much as the business objectives.
Working at National Bank means having access to competitive working conditions, a wide range of employee benefits, a dynamic work environment and telemedicine services.
National Bank values all aspects of diversity and sees it as a tremendous source of wealth. We want to offer an open, respectful work environment where all employees can achieve their full potential. Senior management has made a concrete commitment to promote this value across all sectors of the organization. We're committed to providing accommodations as needed and ensuring accessibility during the recruitment process and after hiring. If you have any specific needs, please let us know during our initial conversation and we'll be happy to accommodate you.
Unposting Date: 2021-06-17
Job Number: MAN003ME
Posting Date: 2021-06-02