Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
National Bank Trust is looking for an Institutional Client Portfolio Manager - ICPM to manage everyday activities related to institutional assets at the Bank. You’ll be responsible for a portfolio of clients, act as an internal expert for the business line and be the main point of contact for NBI’s OCIO team on issues pertaining to portfolio management.
More specifically, you will:
- Act as an expert in NBT for any questions related to the portfolio management of personal trust services and institutional activities:
- Advise account managers on specific situations related to the management of their clients’ portfolios
- Meet with clients and their account manager and act as an expert in portfolio management
- Together with account managers, identify business opportunities in our clients’ current portfolios and with internal and external business partners.
- Create and give presentations to clients (investment committee)
- Manage RFPs from the outset: Produce and collect the information needed to complete RFPs, submit a final document and follow up with potential clients
- Proactively maintain client relationships, conduct quarterly meetings and fulfill clients’ ad hoc requests
- Ensure the compliance of files and update the required forms
- Participate in meetings with NBI to ensure that the execution (ICPM) and the investment and portfolio strategy (OCIO) are continuously aligned
- Implement the guidelines issued by the OCIO
- Act as the intermediary between NBI and the client when it comes time to explain any change in their portfolios
- Supervise (or execute when necessary) transactions in client portfolios in accordance with guidelines issued by the OCIO
- Supervise the analyst as they rebalance portfolios on a daily basis, manage cash resources and trigger gains
- Act as a change agent for the OCIO by managing models and changes based on established standards
- Submit to the OCIO any major change requested by the client that requires a review of the portfolio. At all times, the OCIO is responsible for the portfolio’s composition and any investment decision
- Monitor market trends, and develop and distribute documents, training courses and communication tools
- Represent National Bank Trust at industry events on asset and portfolio management
- Master’s degree or bachelor’s degree in a related field
- CFA or CIM designation and completion of the CSC
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the securities industry
- Experience managing portfolios and analyzing portfolio and risk management mandates
- Customer service experience
- Knowledge of portfolio management tools (transactional, compliance and risk analysis)
- Knowledge of National Bank products, systems and services, an asset
- Sense of cooperation, initiative and ability to work independently
- Bilingualism, spoken and written (English and French)
Upon hiring, you will be eligible for a wide range of benefits. In addition to competitive compensation, we offer attractive benefits for you and your family:
- Health and wellness program, including many benefits
- Flexible group insurance
- Defined benefit pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and family assistance program
- Preferred banking services
- Volunteer program
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are just a few of the many benefits we offer. We've rolled out a number of additional measures to ensure your health, safety and wellbeing during the pandemic.
We're putting people first
We're a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on peoples' lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that is accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodations, feel free to let us know during your first conversations with us.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Ready to live your ambitions?
JobField: Wealth Management
Unposting Date: 2022-07-03
Job Number: INV0002K
Posting Date: 2022-06-23