Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
This position reports to the Associate Vice-President of the Commercial Banking Health and Life Sciences team and is based in Montreal.
Your main challenges:
- Act as an expert advisor, leveraging your knowledge and extensive professional experience to provide clients with tailored advice
- Help your clients achieve their business objectives by proposing financial strategies based on the best combination of specialized financing products
- Support account managers when setting up new financing files and at all stages of file monitoring and renewal
- Provide expertise in the areas of financing structure, financial analysis and all aspects of file assessment
- Identify the Bank's financial risks in terms of financing and issue recommendations to mitigate or eliminate them
More specifically, you will:
- Participate in preliminary meetings and in the presentation of draft offers of financing to clients
- Help prepare files, including by analyzing and setting up business financing structures
- Participate in negotiations with internal stakeholders (legal advisors, Credit department, Syndication department, etc.) and external stakeholders (legal advisors, other financial institutions, clients, prospective clients, etc.)
- Actively participate in all stages of monitoring and renewing existing credit
- Use credit risk and profitability assessment tools to ensure compliance with financing and risk management policies and standards
- Completed bachelor's degree in a related field and 7 years' relevant experience, or completed master's degree in a related field and 5 years' relevant experience, or undergraduate diploma from the National Bank University Program and 9 years' relevant experience
- Knowledge of the Commercial Banking sector
- Extensive experience in financial analysis (financial statements, projections, etc.)
- Experience in commercial credit
- Experience with complex financing structures (business acquisition, LBO, etc.)
- Experience in negotiation, advisory services and business development
- Ability to manipulate financial models in Excel
- Bilingualism, spoken and written (English and French)
The Bank has innovated by modernizing its performance evaluation system to better meet our clients’ evolving needs. From now on, the corporate values (expected behaviours) of partnership, agility and empowerment count as much as the business objectives.
Working at National Bank means having access to competitive working conditions, a wide range of employee benefits, a dynamic work environment and telemedicine services.
National Bank values all aspects of diversity and sees it as a tremendous source of wealth. We want to offer an open, respectful work environment where all employees can achieve their full potential. Senior management has made a concrete commitment to promote this value across all sectors of the organization. We're committed to providing accommodations as needed and ensuring accessibility during the recruitment process and after hiring. If you have any specific needs, please let us know during our initial conversation and we'll be happy to accommodate you.
Particular Condition:Once your application has been reviewed, if you're selected to continue the process, you'll receive an email invitation within 72 hours from to answer a Talent Explorer questionnaire. **Please check your spam or junk folder.
JobField: Advisory Services, Commercial Banking
Unposting Date: 2021-01-27
Job Number: COR000KO
Posting Date: 2021-01-13