Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
- Would you like to be part of the transformation at National Bank and the data engineering practice?
- Do you want to have a positive impact on client's lives through judicious use of their data?
- Are you known for your positive leadership and ability to rally different parties together?
Then keep reading!
Come join the team reporting to the Chief Data Officer (CDO) at National Bank whose main mission is to improve the wellbeing of its clients by using their data securely to offer them customized advice and solutions.
As Data Engineering Practice Lead, you'll be responsible for the strategic direction, development, growth and practice at the Bank. You'll also safeguard values and best practices. You'll report to the CDO and also have a dotted-line reporting relationship to the VP - IT Transformation to ensure continuous alignment with the IT teams.
Your main responsibilities and challenges will be to:
- Define the data engineering practice, as well as its vision, strategy and capacities
- Ensure that the vision and strategy of the data engineering practice is aligned with the IT architecture and software engineering targets and principles
- Work closely with the IT Architecture and Data Architecture teams to develop a strategic vision of the data pipelines required in the company
- Guide, supervise and train the Bank's analytical community on standard practices
- Draw up a clear roadmap for achieving the data engineering vision and maturity
- Develop strong processes while ensuring a robust control environment and quality assurance documentation
- Develop standard procedures for exemplary data engineering performance
- Set up a qualified team of engaged data engineers: acquire, recognize, cultivate and groom talent
- Bachelor's degree in a related field and 10 years of relevant experience OR a master's degree in a related field and 8 years of relevant experience
- Data enginering expertise
- Experience producing and maintaining software projects, particularly as regards the Big Data ecosystem
- Solid technical understanding of developing modelling and of software engineering practices
- Experience with streaming applications and application program interfaces (API)
- Experience managing and creating a diversified team made up of highly qualified data professionals
- Business process and results-based expertise
- Ability to explain complex data in plain language to help clients make decisions
- Ability to engage and communicate with impact
- Sound negotiation, communication and influencing skills
- Able to navigate complex organizations
- Demonstrates composure in tense situations
- Analytical, disciplined, creative and dynamic
- Bilingualism, spoken and written (English and French)
Upon hiring, you will be eligible for a wide range of benefits. In addition to competitive compensation, we offer attractive benefits for you and your family:
- Health and wellness program, including many benefits
- Flexible group insurance
- Defined benefit pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and family assistance program
- Preferred banking services
- Volunteer program
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are just a few of the many benefits we offer. We've rolled out a number of additional measures to ensure your health, safety and wellbeing during the pandemic.
We're putting people first
We're a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on peoples' lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that is accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodations, feel free to let us know during your first conversations with us.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Ready to live your ambitions?
JobField: Business Intelligence and Data
Unposting Date: 2022-01-23
Job Number: BUS000LL
Posting Date: 2022-01-12