Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Temporary
Timeframe: 12 months
• Would you like to manage, coach and support a team of dedicated people in the Investment Operations sector?
• Do you have in-depth knowledge in accounting, financial products, and investment funds in particular?
• Are you able to maintain good relationships with stakeholders?
We’re looking for a leader who will work with the team responsible for producing financial statements for investment funds and administering trusts.
As a Fund Administration and Operational Risks Manager with the team responsible for producing financial statements at National Bank, you’ll work with a dynamic, rapidly expanding team where the work is challenging and diverse. You’ll put in place the actions required to deliver the services offered with a view to improving efficiency, productivity and profitability in your sector. You'll also motivate your employees and maximize their contributions while helping them progress and develop their skills through personalized coaching.
You’ll stand out for your knowledge of the sector and various products, your management experience and your interest in accounting.
Your main responsibilities:
• Manage a team of 13 professionals responsible for various activities.
• Guide your team in preparing interim/annual financial statements for investment funds, tax returns and financial reports for individual trust clients and institutional clients.
• Manage strategic relationships with internal and external partners (clients and auditors) to build collaborative relationships, influence decisions and increase the volume of activities.
• Develop, implement and advance controls and work tools that will ensure the integrity of deliverables.
• Monitor the industry and make sure the team integrates new tax, legal and accounting standards,, including IFRS standards, into its deliverables.
Want to learn more about the position and/or projects involved? Please contact the manager, The Giang Diep.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field and seven years' relevant experience or Master's degree in a related field and five years' relevant experience
- Professional accounting (CPA) designation, an asset
- Accounting experience
- Experience managing employees in a transformation context
- Risk management experience
- Ability to handle pressure and manage priorities
- Knowledge of investment funds or trusts, mandatory
- Bilingual (spoken/written) French and English, mandatory
At National Bank, we stand out by investing in our employees throughout their careers—as demonstrated when we were awarded silver in the "Most Innovative use of HR Technology" category at the 2020 Canadian HR Awards for our use of Axonify, a personalized learning solution that can be used every day.
The Bank has innovated by modernizing its performance evaluation system to better meet our clients’ evolving needs. From now on, the corporate values (expected behaviours) of partnership, agility and empowerment count as much as the business objectives.
Working at National Bank means having access to competitive working conditions, a wide range of employee benefits, a dynamic work environment and telemedicine services.
National Bank values all aspects of diversity and sees it as a tremendous source of wealth. We want to offer an open, respectful work environment where all employees can achieve their full potential. Senior management has made a concrete commitment to promote this value across all sectors of the organization. We're committed to providing accommodations as needed and ensuring accessibility during the recruitment process and after hiring. If you have any specific needs, please let us know during our initial conversation and we'll be happy to accommodate you.
Unposting Date: 2021-05-19
Job Number: FIN008XV
Posting Date: 2021-05-05