Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
In this position, you'll play a key role in the strategic growth of Private Banking 1859. Your varied and complex tasks will help you quickly become a trusted advisor for the Bankers and high-net-worth clients in our sector.
This position reports to the Senior Manager – Financing Solutions and is based in Quebec city or in Montreal.
Your main challenges:
- Together with the Senior Private Bankers and the managers (VPs), act as a credit expert to develop business among ultra-high-net-worth clients in Eastern Canada
- Promote complex credit capacities by preparing and making presentations to clients and prospective clients as well as to internal and external partners (COIs)
- Participate actively in the different steps involved in transactions, from your initial communications with clients to analyzing, implementing and renewing credit facilities
- Analyze credit facilities while exercising diligence, creativity and agility in order to satisfy clients' needs and the Bank's risk management criteria
- Participate in negotiating terms and conditions with clients and the Credit Sector.
- Consult with internal and/or external experts, as necessary, for in-depth analyses and/or aspects pertaining to legal documents
- Demonstrate leadership in portfolio credit risk management by working closely with the Bankers and using the various reports available
- Actively support the Senior Manager in continuously improving the Private Banking 1859 offer by:
- Helping to develop portfolio tracking and management systems
- Being a resource person for the team AND
- Directly supporting your team members with their skills development
- A completed bachelor's degree in a related field plus five years of relevant experience, or a completed master's degree in a related field plus three years of relevant experience
- Experience in commercial and personal credit
- Strong interpersonal, communication, influence and analytical skills
- Proficiency in financial analysis
- Ability to understand the needs of high-net-worth clients
- Negotiation, sales and advisory experience
- Knowledge of business law or complex financing structures, a valuable asset
- Sense of organization and teamwork
- Ability to innovate and work under pressure
- Very good knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Bilingualism, both spoken and written (English and French)
Upon hiring, you will be eligible for a wide range of benefits. In addition to competitive compensation, we offer attractive benefits for you and your family:
- Health and wellness program, including many benefits
- Flexible group insurance
- Defined benefit pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and family assistance program
- Preferred banking services
- Volunteer program
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are just a few of the many benefits we offer. We've rolled out a number of additional measures to ensure your health, safety and wellbeing during the pandemic.
We're putting people first
We're a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on peoples' lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that is accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodations, feel free to let us know during your first conversations with us.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Ready to live your ambitions?
JobField: Advisory Services, Commercial Banking
Unposting Date: 2022-01-28
Job Number: COR000ML
Posting Date: 2022-01-14