You have the desire to help and enjoy challenges, you'll play an important role for your clients as a financial planner. Through all 7 fields of financial planning, you'll work closely with the team to provide standout assistance and advice to clients when preparing a comprehensive financial plan for them. In your work, you'll build business relationships, develop your entrepreneurship and showcase your leadership. Come join a bank where you are recognized and your contribution will add value!
- Profile: You must be enthusiastic about the client and overall financial planning offer
- Experience: Relevant experience in business development in financial advisory services
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent recognized by the IQPF)
- Valid licence of Mutual Fund Sales Representative (MFSRs)
- Certified financial planner certification (CFP) or be on track to obtain it within the next 12 months
- French / English (varies by region)
What does it take for a Financial Planner to stand out on our team? Here are a few of the main characteristics:
- Client-centric 10
- Leadership 9
- Entrepreneurship 9
- Strong interpersonal skills 9
- Business Development 9
- "Make-it-happen" attitude 8
- Flexibility 8
- Financial Planning 8
- Autonomy 7
5 key characteristics
- Ability to Influence
- Team Player
Our role as Financial Planners is to help our clients achieve their dreams!— Nancy Paquet, Senior Vice-President, Strategy, Investment and Savings, Retail Banking
Outreach and involvement from executives
Take charge of own success
Dynamic and flexible environment
Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
As a financial planner, you will play an important role with your clients. Through the 7 fields of financial planning, you will work closely with the team to help and advise your client in a distinctive and personalized way in achieving their life goals through the development of their financial plan. Your work will allow you to develop your business relationships, your entrepreneurship, your advisory role and to leverage your leadership. You can join a Bank where you will be recognized and where you can make a positive impact!
- Develop financial plans that will meet your client's needs and objectives
- Identify clients' investment and financing needs to offer them the best financial planning solutions
- Identify and capitalize on business development opportunities to increase the number of new clients and the volume of existing portfolios
- Stay on top of clients' changing needs to offer them tailored solutions and a red carpet experience
- Make sure that service and operational quality standards are applied and compliance and risk management rules are followed
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalency recognized by the IQPF) as well as relevant experience in business development in the field of financial advisory services
- Certified financial planner (CFP) or on track to become one in the next 12 months
- Mutual Fund Representative Licence (MFSRs)
- Excellent knowledge of French and English is required, as you will be dealing with an English-speaking clientele
- Portfolio management experience with business development objectives to achieve
- Good team player and have a collaborative spirit
In addition to competitive compensation, upon hiring you’ll be eligible for a wide range of flexible benefits to help promote your wellbeing and that of your family.
- Health and wellness program, including many options
- Flexible group insurance
- Generous pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Preferential banking services
- Initiatives promoting community involvement
- Telemedicine service
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are a few of the benefits available to you. We have an offer that keeps up with trends as well as your needs and those of your family.
Our dynamic work environments and cutting-edge collaboration tools foster a positive employee experience. We actively listen to employees’ ideas. Whether through our surveys or programs, regular feedback and ongoing communication is encouraged.
We're putting people first
We're a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on peoples' lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that is accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodations, feel free to let us know during your first conversations with us.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Ready to live your ambitions?
Particular Condition:Please note that the position is located in the Saint Léonard branch.
JobField: Advisory Services, Personal Banking
Unposting Date: 2023-03-23
Job Number: FIN009DY
Posting Date: 2023-03-13
Register for job alerts according to my preferences.Subscribe
Let us search jobs for you based on the skills and experience listed in your profile.