You have the desire to help and enjoy challenges, you'll play an important role for your clients as a financial planner. Through all 7 fields of financial planning, you'll work closely with the team to provide standout assistance and advice to clients when preparing a comprehensive financial plan for them. In your work, you'll build business relationships, develop your entrepreneurship and showcase your leadership. Come join a bank where you are recognized and your contribution will add value!
- Profile: You must be enthusiastic about the client and overall financial planning offer
- Experience: Relevant experience in business development in financial advisory services
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent recognized by the IQPF)
- Valid licence of Mutual Fund Sales Representative (MFSRs)
- Certified financial planner certification (CFP) or be on track to obtain it within the next 12 months
- French / English (varies by region)
What does it take for a Financial Planner to stand out on our team? Here are a few of the main characteristics:
- Client-centric 10
- Leadership 9
- Entrepreneurship 9
- Strong interpersonal skills 9
- Business Development 9
- "Make-it-happen" attitude 8
- Flexibility 8
- Financial Planning 8
- Autonomy 7
5 key characteristics
- Ability to Influence
- Team Player
Our role as Financial Planners is to help our clients achieve their dreams!— Nancy Paquet, Senior Vice-President, Strategy, Investment and Savings, Retail Banking
Outreach and involvement from executives
Take charge of own success
Dynamic and flexible environment
Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
A career as a financial planner at National Bank means playing an important role with your clients through the 7 areas of expertise in financial planning. It means working in synergy with the team by advising your clients in a distinctive and personalized way in achieving their life goals!
- Identify your client's investment and financing needs and develop their financial plan.
- Advise clients by following their needs and market trends in order to offer adapted solutions and an outstanding customer experience. Seize and create business development opportunities to increase the client base and grow the volume of existing portfolios.
- Be a positive leader by coaching your colleagues in their development and allowing them to evolve in their functions.
Your customer portfolio:
You will serve the clientele of 3 branches:
- 8449 Newman Boulevard, Lasalle
- 8000 Champlain Boulevard, Lasalle
- 6800 Monk Boulevard, Montreal
Your portfolio will consist of more than 500 customers. It will be through your expertise, leadership and business development that you will grow your existing portfolio and ensure the retention of current customers.
This position requires presence on the workplace to meet customer and operational needs. We aim to offer you maximum flexibility in your work to promote your quality of life. This is reflected in particular in the organisation of working time to reconcile professional and personal life, and flexible leave at times that matter.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalence recognized by the IQPF) as well as relevant business development experience in the field of financial advisory services
- Diploma from the Institut Québécois de Planification Financière (IQPF) or in the process of becoming one in the next 12 months
- Mutual Fund Representative (REC) licence Preferred skills
- Good team player and have a collaborative spirit
Experience in portfolio management with business development objectives to be achieved
In addition to competitive compensation, upon hiring you’ll be eligible for a wide range of flexible benefits to help promote your wellbeing and that of your family.
- Health and wellness program, including many options
- Flexible group insurance
- Generous pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Preferential banking services
- Initiatives promoting community involvement
- Telemedicine service
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are a few of the benefits available to you. We have an offer that keeps up with trends as well as your needs and those of your family.
Our dynamic work environments and cutting-edge collaboration tools foster a positive employee experience. We actively listen to employees’ ideas. Whether through our surveys or programs, regular feedback and ongoing communication is encouraged.
We're putting people first :
We're a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on peoples' lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that is accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodations, feel free to let us know during your first conversations with us.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Ready to live your ambitions?
JobField: Advisory Services, Personal Banking
Unposting Date: 2023-02-02
Job Number: FIN009CP
Posting Date: 2023-01-19
Register for job alerts according to my preferences.Subscribe