Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
- You are a leader as Enterprise Architect with a strong Cloud expertise?
- You love to lead Cloud technologies initiatives and implementations?
- You like to learn more about technology and ways to innovate?
As a Cloud Enterprise Architect, you will make recommendations to the infrastructure and operations principal architect on scaling the adoption of the cloud, establishing governance, standards, and a community. You will influence and support the achievement of the Bank's strategic objectives by being a core member of the Cloud Center of Excellence, meeting the needs of agility and reliability while accelerating the adoption of the infrastructure and operations best practices related to the cloud.
Collaborating closely with the product owner and other domain architects in infrastructure, operations, security and development, you will be responsible to (1) evolve our strategy and its adoption, (2) develop the cloud practice and architectures, and (3) an be a driver of the cloud adoption.
You will directly influence the digital transformation for the IT organization by creating architectures that favors automation in deployment, automation in system management, automation in incident management and an immutable infrastructure.
- Lead the cloud strategy in collaboration with the product owner, domain architects from infrastructure, operations, security, application and data
- Lead the community of practice and instill a cloud first culture
- Own the architecture governance and technical risk mitigation
- Establishing an immutable infrastructure and “infra-as-code”
- Own the technical relationship with the cloud providers
- Document policies, norms and standards for practices
- Establishing best practice in operation
- Establish design patterns and roadmaps, taking into consideration the operation, application design, legal and cost factors
- Develop cloud architectures and coordinate with other architects to ensure their successful implementation
- Recommend operational and architectural changes to ensure the bank’s critical applications are resilient.
- Perform proactive applications risk assessment and formulate architecture recommendations to ensure stability of operation and problem avoidance.
- Implement a data driven system to ensure applications monitoring and performance meet all service level agreements.
- Monitor to stay abreast of trends and cloud best practices for the application performance, redundancy, resilient systems, DevOps / SRE and automation industry.
- Act as an expert in the field and offer advice to stakeholders in the application of the principles.
- Advise senior management on trends and directions to take in business architecture and technology.
- Ensure the healthy evolution of the cloud technology portfolio with asset managers.
- Assist the platform engineering teams in the cloud enablers design
- Bachelor's degree related to the industry and seven years of relevant experience or master’s degree related to the industry and five years of relevant experience
- Excellent knowledge and certification in AWS
- Knowledge in Azure and Google Cloud
- Hands-on experience managing and leading cloud implementations
- Hands-on experience with enterprise level architecture with high availability, disaster recovery and business continuity
- Hands-on experience with system and application performance optimization
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Experience in IT monitoring management, IT infrastructure automation
- Relevant knowledge of architectural principles: Integration / Services, MDM data architecture, BPM, ECM, BI, web, mobile, company portal and infrastructure
- Experience with containers platforms/orchestration engines (Red hat Openshift, Kubernetes, EKS, AKS, GKE)
- Sense of innovation & ability to rethink / redefine ways of doing things
- Be a team player and have good stakeholder management
- Ability to work in complex environments
- Bilingualism (spoken / written) French and English
The Bank has innovated by modernizing its performance evaluation system to better meet our clients’ evolving needs. From now on, the corporate values (expected behaviours) of partnership, agility and empowerment count as much as the business objectives.
Working at National Bank means having access to competitive working conditions, a wide range of employee benefits, a dynamic work environment and telemedicine services.
National Bank values all aspects of diversity and sees it as a tremendous source of wealth. We want to offer an open, respectful work environment where all employees can achieve their full potential. Senior management has made a concrete commitment to promote this value across all sectors of the organization. We're committed to providing accommodations as needed and ensuring accessibility during the recruitment process and after hiring. If you have any specific needs, please let us know during our initial conversation and we'll be happy to accommodate you.
Unposting Date: 2021-12-07
Job Number: ARC0005X
Posting Date: 2021-11-23