Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
- Do you have a passion for innovation and innovative companies?
- Are you experienced with commercial and corporate financing products?
- Are you at your best within a high growth team and an entrepreneurial culture?
The position of Director, Structured Financing - Technology & Innovation Banking is for you!
NBC Technology & Innovation Banking is growing rapidly and expanding across Canada. In this context, the group is opening a new position for Director, Structured Financing. Work location: Montreal or Toronto, depending on the candidate.
The mission of NBC Technology & Innovation Banking is to support the best players in the sector with their financing projects ($1 to + $100M) from the start-up stage through to capital markets and beyond, in every hub of Canada’s innovation landscape.
As Director, Structured Financing - Technology & Innovation Banking, and in collaboration with your colleagues, you will play a leading role in the strategic support of companies on a Canadian scale. Your tasks, as varied as they are complex, will allow you to quickly become a trusted advisor to companies that are transforming the world.
This position reports to the MD & Head - Technology and Innovation Banking.
Your main challenges
- Play a consultant role aligned with customer needs by leveraging your knowledge and high-level professional experience
- Achieve clients' business objectives by offering them financial strategies based on an optimal combination of specialized financing products
- Support account managers during the establishment of new financing files and at all stages of follow-up and renewal of a file
- Provide expertise in the areas of financing structure, financial analysis and all aspects of the evaluation of a file
- Identify the financial risks for the Bank in terms of financing and make recommendations aimed at reducing or eliminating them
- Act as a credit resource person within the team and support the MD & Head, as needed, in developing the skills of team members in this matter
- Participate in the development of sector-specific lending strategies and guidelines, in support of the MD & Head
More specifically, you will:
- Participate in the preparation of files including analysis and establishment of corporate financing structures
- In some cases, in collaboration with the account manager, participate in preliminary meetings as well as the presentation of term sheets to clients
- Participate in negotiations with internal stakeholders (legal advisers, credit risk division, syndication group, etc.) and external (legal advisors, other financial institutions, customers, prospects, etc.)
- Actively participate in all stages of monitoring and renewal of existing credit
- Use the tools for assessing credit risk and profitability while ensuring compliance with the application of policies and standards in terms of financing and risk management
- Completed bachelor's degree, related to the industry, and 7 years of relevant experience OR Completed master's degree, related to the industry, and 5 years of relevant experience
- Relevant experience in complex commercial credit, including syndicated financing, cash flow loans
- Familiarity with debt capital markets instruments, an asset
- Familiarity with the Canadian innovation landscape and the tech company life cycle, an asset
- Experience in negotiation
- Experience in customer service and sales
- Experience in business development, desirable
- Knowledge of business products and services
- Excellent collaborator and team player
- Relational skills
- English or French (spoken/written), bilingualism an asset
Ready to make a difference within a team? To have a positive impact? Submit your application!
Working at National Bank means having access to competitive working conditions, a wide range of employee benefits, a dynamic work environment and telemedicine services.
National Bank sees diversity as a great source of wealth and values it in all its dimensions. Its objective is to offer an open, respectful work environment where all employees can achieve their full potential. Senior management's concrete commitment helps spread this value across all sectors in the organization. The Bank has been ranked among the top employers for diversity in Canada for several years.
Come and see how: https://jobs.nbc.ca/diversity
The Bank has innovated by modernizing its performance evaluation system to better meet our clients’ evolving needs. From now on, the corporate values (expected behaviours) of partnership, agility and empowerment count as much as the business objectives.
JobField: Advisory Services, Commercial Banking
Unposting Date: 2021-01-26
Job Number: COR000KN
Posting Date: 2020-12-22