Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
- Are you familiar with commercial financing products?
- Do you have expertise in financial strategies?
- Are you recognized for the quality of your analyses?
The Director Portfolio Management – National Client Group – Enterprise Banking will work closely with other Directors. You'll act as an expert advisor and suggest financial strategies that meet the complex needs of medium and large private enterprises with financing needs of more than $20 million.
This position reports to the Associate Vice-President – National Client Group, Enterprise Banking and is based in Montreal.
Your main challenges:
- Support Directors when setting up new financings and at all stages of file monitoring and renewal
- Act as an expert advisor, leveraging your knowledge and extensive professional experience to provide clients with the advice they need
- Help your clients achieve their business objectives by proposing financial strategies based on the most suitable combination of specialized financing products
- Provide expertise in the areas of financing structure, financial analysis and all aspects of file analysis
- Identify risks and make recommendations to the credit committee in accordance with Bank policies
- Demonstrate a high level of collaboration and actively participate in achieving your business unit's objectives
More specifically, you will:
- Participate in preliminary meetings and present financing proposals to medium and large private enterprises that have financing needs of more than $20 million
- Help prepare files including due diligence reviews, financial analyses and setting up appropriate financing structures
- Participate in negotiations with internal and external stakeholders (credit committees, clients, legal and financial advisors, other financial institutions, syndication departments, etc.)
- Actively participate in all stages of monitoring and renewing existing credits
- Use credit risk profitability assessment tools to ensure compliance with financing and risk management policies and standards
- Completed bachelor's degree in a related field and 7 years' relevant experience, or completed master's degree in a related field and 5 years' relevant experience
- Ability to manipulate financial models in Excel
- Experience in financial analysis (financial statements, projections, etc.)
- Experience in commercial credit and knowledge of the Commercial Banking sector
- Experience with complex financing structures (business acquisition, LBO, project financing, etc.)
- Bilingualism, spoken and written (English and French)
The Bank has innovated by modernizing its performance evaluation system to better meet our clients’ evolving needs. From now on, the corporate values (expected behaviours) of partnership, agility and empowerment count as much as the business objectives.
Working at National Bank means having access to competitive working conditions, a wide range of employee benefits, a dynamic work environment and telemedicine services.
National Bank sees diversity as a great source of wealth and values it in all its dimensions. Its objective is to offer an open, respectful work environment where all employees can achieve their full potential. Senior management's concrete commitment helps spread this value across all sectors in the organization. The Bank has been ranked among the top employers for diversity in Canada for several years.
JobField: Advisory Services, Commercial Banking
Unposting Date: 2021-01-26
Job Number: ADV0013I
Posting Date: 2021-01-20