Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
- Are you experienced with commercial and corporate financing products?
- Do you have a passion for innovation and innovative companies?
- Are you at your best within a high growth team and an entrepreneurial culture?
The position of Director – Technology & Innovation Banking is for you!
NBC Technology & Innovation Banking is growing rapidly and expanding across Canada. In this context, the group is opening a new position for Director / Senior Director. Work location: Montreal.
The mission of NBC Technology & Innovation Banking is to support the best players in the sector with their financing projects ($1 to + $100M) from the start-up stage through to capital markets and beyond, in every hub of Canada’s innovation landscape.
As a Director - Technology & Innovation Banking, and in collaboration with your colleagues, you will play a leading role in the strategic support of companies on a Canadian scale. Your tasks, as varied as they are complex, will allow you to quickly become a trusted advisor to companies that are transforming the world.
This position reports to the MD & Head - Technology and Innovation Banking.
Your main challenges
- Identify and develop business opportunities in the technology industry
- Structure credit facilities for new companies and actively participate in setting up loans through relationships with contacts in venture capital, private equity funds, and the consulting community
- Work in close collaboration with Private Banking 1859 and Investment Banking to offer the best banking services to your clientele
- Analyze a large range of profiles in the innovation sector, from start-ups to venture capital funded companies, and including medium-sized private and listed companies
- Identify opportunities to add value to technology businesses and provide a wide range of solutions, including lines of credit secured with accounts receivable, recurring revenues, as well as venture debt, bridge to equity and acquisition long-term loans
- Contribute to loan and investment volume growth, carry out due diligence for potential clients, manage risk, and ensure that clients are satisfied
- Meet and exceed clients' changing needs by adapting and optimizing financial products and business approaches
- Draw up and execute comprehensive and sound sales and business development plans in collaboration with internal banking partners
- Demonstrate strong leadership by proactively managing your clients, market segments and internal partnerships
- Be able to identify the risks inherent to Personal and Commercial Banking activities
- Support the Managing Director & Head in achieving key business objectives
- Based on your university education, at least 8 years' experience in sales and business development within the financial industry
- Experience 7 years in commercial and/or corporate lending with syndicated credit, cash flow loans and private equity transactions
- Experience 3 years in the technology industry, venture capital and private equity transactions
- Familiar with VC firms, sub-debt providers and government support programs.
- Conversant with SaaS financing models, R&D tax credit financing, contract financing and cash-flow lending methodologies.
- Professional accreditations related to accounting, finance, valuations and an MBA are preferred.
- Network of professional contacts within the local innovation ecosystem
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Bilingualism, spoken and written (English and French)
Upon hiring, you will be eligible for a wide range of benefits. In addition to competitive compensation, we offer attractive benefits for you and your family:
- Health and wellness program, including many benefits
- Flexible group insurance
- Defined benefit pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and family assistance program
- Preferred banking services
- Volunteer program
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are just a few of the many benefits we offer. We've rolled out a number of additional measures to ensure your health, safety and wellbeing during the pandemic.
We're putting people first :
We're a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on peoples' lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that is accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodations, feel free to let us know during your first conversations with us.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Ready to live your ambitions?
JobField: Advisory Services, Commercial Banking
Unposting Date: 2022-05-27
Job Number: COR000LT
Posting Date: 2022-05-13