Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
- You are a player in our DevOps revolution with the task of rolling out the best CI/CD/CT/CS/CM practices, using the best tools.
- You are a hands-on person with an agile approach and natural leadership skills.
- You know all the DevOps fields and support the practices in order to assist the applications teams with their transformation.
- You know how to influence team members in this transformation process.
- Working closely with the cross-sector DevOps teams and the foundation and automation teams, you will optimize and reinforce business value delivery with your best practices support squad.
You actively participate in achieving our vision of implementing development best practices by integrating all these components into our delivery and applications team pipelines.
This means using your technical savvy and people skills to efficiently integrate our practices.
Using your leadership skills and DevOps knowledge, you promote and support their adoption throughout the organization.
Your master all DevOps fields, are a command chain expert, and see solutions and optimizations where others just see problems. You strive for total automation.
Your main responsibilities
- Carry out and contribute to various large-scale IT projects that have a major impact on the profitability and efficiency of the Bank, and that require expertise and a high level of experience in the following DevOps practices:
- Source code management
- Continuous integration
- Continuous deployment
- Automated deployment
- Automated testing
- Applications monitoring
- Support teams in their DevOps journey by providing training appropriate to both formal and informal needs
- Install and configure lab tools to run use cases in CI/CD/CT/CS/CM practices and subject applications to quality controls at both the functional and application security levels
- Design deployment chains that enable the various teams to implement the framework more effectively
- Design deployment plans for the different applications and for integrating the Bank's different software and middleware
- Provide support to different teams during the implementation process
- Diagnose problem situations and help resolve complex issues by ensuring the implementation of permanent corrective measures from a continuous improvement perspective
- Ensure third level (and occasionally second level) support and administration of third-party products, including: Jenkins, Sonatype Nexus Professional, Atlassian Bitbucket, SonarQube, along with integration pipelines, deployments and ongoing testing
- Propose improvements to methods and suggest alternatives to obsolete technologies in the fields of applications assembly, integration and continuous deployment
- Bachelor's degree in a related field plus six years' relevant experience OR master's degree in a related field plus four years' relevant experience
- Solid experience in continuous monitoring to ensure end-to-end monitoring of the client experience in relation to business processes and services
- Collaboration (JIRA/Confluence)
- Source code management (SCM: Git-Bitbucket)
- Knowledge of sourcing and orchestration tools (Jenkins, Docker, K8S, etc.)
- Continuous build (Maven, Groovy, Ant, Shell script)
- Continuous testing (Selenium, SauceLabs, JMeter, Robot Framework)
- Continuous code inspection for technical debt/security awareness (SonarQube, Veracode)
- Artifacts management (Nexus)
- Automated deployment (Urban Code, Harness)
- Experience providing support for build/deployment process development and automation, an asset
- Sourcing (Ansible, Terraform)
- Knowledge of deployment in a cloud environment (OpenShift, AWS, GCP, Azure)
- More sourcing and orchestration tools (Docker/K8S)
- Monitoring applications (Datadog) to measure all these applications and ensure they deliver the expected business value to our clients
- Knowledge of Secrets Management (e.g., Vault)
- General knowledge of technology architecture (virtualization, storage, network, security, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to propose constructive and permanent solutions while proactively providing technical services
- Honesty, integrity and quality assurance in the delivery of technical support activities for development teams
- Bilingualism, spoken and written (English and French)
The Bank has innovated by modernizing its performance evaluation system to better meet our clients’ evolving needs. From now on, the corporate values (expected behaviours) of partnership, agility and empowerment count as much as the business objectives.
Working at National Bank means having access to competitive working conditions, a wide range of employee benefits, a dynamic work environment and telemedicine services.
National Bank values all aspects of diversity and sees it as a tremendous source of wealth. We want to offer an open, respectful work environment where all employees can achieve their full potential. Senior management has made a concrete commitment to promote this value across all sectors of the organization. We're committed to providing accommodations as needed and ensuring accessibility during the recruitment process and after hiring. If you have any specific needs, please let us know during our initial conversation and we'll be happy to accommodate you.
Unposting Date: 2021-12-03
Job Number: IT001JL
Posting Date: 2021-11-19