Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
- You are an important transformation actor in our DevOps revolution and are tasked to implement the DevOps transformation strategy in key areas of the business.
- You are equipped with an Agile mindset and you are a hands-on person with natural leadership skills.
- You know what the DevOps values, principles and practices are and you understand what it takes to conduct a DevOps transformation, collaborating with DevOps Integrators, as well as other multidisciplinary team members.
You strive at automating all the things!
You actively participate in the realization of our DevOps vision by designing all the constituents of our delivery pipelines. This means using your leadership skills and your DevOps practices knowledge, to increase DevOps adoption throughout the organization. Concretely you work with both our DevOps Evangelist, to help deliver the DevOps transformation Vision and Mission and with our DevOps Integrators, who are absolute command-line gurus(!), directly with tribes/squad, to integrate the following tools:
- Collaboration (JIRA/Confluence)
- Source Code Management (Git-Bitbucket)
- Continuous Integration servers (Jenkins 2 using pipeline as code concept)
- Continuous Build (Maven, Groovy, Ant)
- Continuous Testing (JMeter, Selenium, SauceLabs)
- Continuous Inspection, scanners for tech. debt/security awareness (Veracode)
- Artifacts Management (Nexus)
- Reporting/dashboarding (SonarQube)
- Provisioning (Ansible)
- More provisioning and orchestration (Docker/k8s)
- Targeting our multi cloud environments (private using OpenShift and AWS, Azure)
- Application monitoring (AppDynamics or equivalent) to monitor all those nice applications and ensure they do deliver their business value to our customers
Your Primary Responsibilities
- Support our DevOps Evangelist in our DevOps transformation Vision and Mission establishment
- Assess DevOps practices adoption in various enterprise contexts to propose improvement plans accordingly
- Understand IT business challenges and IT stakeholders needs and propose/put in place technical solutions satisfying them
- Lead DevOps Integrators in designing and setting up DevOps CI/CD/CT pipelines using standardized processes and tools while ensuring that they integrate properly with other development tools part of the SDLC
- With DevOps integrators, actively collaborate in documenting how the various tools should be used
- Accompany teams in their DevOps journey, by providing required training, both formally and informally
- Act as a Coach/leader with the teams you support while staying aligned with your “DevOps enablers” peers
- At all time, adopt a Continuous Improvement and Software Engineering mindset and propose improvements to the organization
- Favor standardization of good practices across the Bank by communicating them using various communication channels
- Be on the lookup for new technologies and be an influencer to others
- Participate in Proof of concept and prototyping activities and all that relates to DevOps
Diversity is an integral part of the Bank's values and commitments. In this document, the masculine gender designates both sexes with no discrimination intended, and is used only to facilitate reading.
Unposting Date: 2019-02-18
Job Number: ARC0002C
Posting Date: 2019-02-04