Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
- Are you into data?
- Are you known for creating value?
- Do you know data architecture inside out?
Then keep reading!
We are a team striving to build trust in data—one of the Bank’s primary assets. By improving the governance and management of our data, we obtain quality information of value that is well protected and has a positive impact on the lives of our clients and employees.
This position reports to the Senior Manager, Data Management Practice in the big CDO family. The purpose of the data management practice is to provide the best ways to do things (process, tools) to allow the organization to better manage its data and thus extract the most value. To do so, we are looking for a Data Management Expert whose mandate would be to support and train the business lines in applying the best ways to do things in data management.
Your main responsibilities will specifically be to:
- Execute/apply, in co-creation mode (collaborative work) with business lines and their IT partners, ways to do the data management practice
- Define the needs, and data and quality requirements fit for purpose
- Train/educate (data literacy) business lines to enhance their knowledge and competencies in data management to empower them and make them self-sufficient in managing their data
- Advise business lines and their executives, and influence their decisions and investments in data management
- Identify and address risks, issues and challenges when providing support and applying ways to do the data management practice
- Actively contribute to the development, implementation and evolution of the data management practice (provide constant feedback and recommendations to optimize that practice’s ways to do things)
- Train/educate and coach resources in the sector on data management, share knowledge and experiences
- Actively take part in developing, implementing and continuously feeding the data management community of practice
- Act as the Data Management Expert and reinforce the data culture
Want to learn more about the team? Feel free to contact Paul Farley and/or Marco Mercier, they will be pleased to answer any of your questions.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 10 years of relevant experience, or a master’s degree in a related field and 7 years of relevant experience
- Data management expert (conceptual modelling, definition of needs and data offerings, metadata, reference data management and master data management (MDM), data quality and analysis);
- Experience in data governance;
- Experience in project execution/management in Agile mode (scrum, kanban, backlog);
- Experience in business analysis/defining business and/or data requirements
- Knowledge of business sectors and their activities (an asset);
- Knowledge of the Bank’s data and systems (an asset);
- Knowledge of emerging data concepts: advanced analytics, AI, open banking (an asset);
- Strong ability to exert influence, communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to convey information in simple terms
- Strong ability to develop in an environment undergoing transformation
- Strong ability to share knowledge, coach and train others
- Ability to resolve complex problems and demonstrate innovation
- Proven leadership and strong collaboration, cooperation and engagement skills
- Positive professional, innovator and committed
- Bilingualism, spoken and written (English and French)
Working at National Bank means having access to competitive working conditions, a wide range of employee benefits, a dynamic work environment and telemedicine services.
National Bank sees diversity as a great source of wealth and values it in all its dimensions. Its objective is to offer an open, respectful work environment where all employees can achieve their full potential. Senior management’s concrete commitment helps spread this value across all sectors in the organization. The Bank has been ranked among the top employers for diversity in Canada for several years.
See how we do it: https://jobs.nbc.ca/diversity
JobField: Business Intelligence and Data
Unposting Date: 2021-01-31
Job Number: MAR000YL
Posting Date: 2021-01-12