Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
- Are you a recognized leader in enterprise architecture and data strategy?
- Do you have expertise in investment and brokerage solutions?
- Do you have a thorough understanding of the latest data technologies?
If you answered "yes," then you have the right profile. This is the job for you!
Banking solutions are evolving rapidly at the Bank in an ecosystem of real-time data that is event-driven and based on business APIs. The Data Enterprise Architect – Wealth Management will be a key player in this transformation.
- Compile the strategy, business issues and operational reality to transpose these aspects into multichannel, multi-business line solutions and propose data targets and strategies to support the completion of activities
- Develop and maintain business capability mapping for investments, in collaboration with the business line and data governance
- Maintain the target architecture and transformation roadmap for data ecosystems
- Provide project support while ensuring that the solutions implemented comply with data architecture targets and guidelines and the Bank's architecture standards
- Identify potential relationships and synergies between various projects
- Validate the functional and technical aspects of solutions to ensure the Bank's business needs and standards are met
- Ensure the sound development of the applications portfolio: obsolescence, technical debt, simplification of the overall IT ecosystem
- Monitor and keep abreast of trends and best practices in business and IT (specifically in the data field)
- Serve as a professional reference and offer expertise and advice to stakeholders
- Completed bachelor’s degree in a related field and 15 years of relevant experience, or completed master's degree in a related field and 8 years of relevant experience
- Experience as a data architect delivering several major projects in a large company
- Good knowledge of the investment industry (brokerage/trading/back-office, distribution and manufacturing of GICs/mutual funds, trust services) and data integration
- Proven experience defining data targets (transactional, operational and advanced analytics)
- Proven experience implementing modern data solutions/technologies (transactional, operational and advanced analytics)
- Experience in artificial intelligence, an asset
- AWS Cloud Architect certification, an asset
- Natural leader, influencer, innovator, and communicator
- Strong analytical and summarizing skills, and the ability to explain complex concepts
- Innovative and capable of rethinking/redefining working methods
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Ability to lead and influence meetings
- Political skills and ability to influence senior management
- Bilingualism, both spoken and written (English and French)
The Bank has innovated by modernizing its performance evaluation system to better meet our clients’ evolving needs. From now on, the corporate values (expected behaviours) of partnership, agility and empowerment count as much as the business objectives.
Working at National Bank means having access to competitive working conditions, a wide range of employee benefits, a dynamic work environment and telemedicine services.
National Bank values all aspects of diversity and sees it as a tremendous source of wealth. We want to offer an open, respectful work environment where all employees can achieve their full potential. Senior management has made a concrete commitment to promote this value across all sectors of the organization. We're committed to providing accommodations as needed and ensuring accessibility during the recruitment process and after hiring. If you have any specific needs, please let us know during our initial conversation and we'll be happy to accommodate you.
Unposting Date: 2021-10-29
Job Number: ARC0005B
Posting Date: 2021-10-15