Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
Would you like to use your talent and expertise to improve our client experience?
If so, then keep reading!
- Do you enjoy carrying out complex and varied analyses in order to provide relevant decision-making information?
- Do you want to work with large databases? Are you familiar with advanced data analysis and integration tools (SQL, Power Python, etc.)?
- Do you stand out for your analytical skills and enjoy working in a team?
Are you a data analysis expert? Do you want to exercise your leadership skills?
Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-Fraud initiatives concern the entire Bank; come build your career with us!
This position reports to the Manager, Cross-Sectional Data, Cybercrimes
Working with data in the Cross-Sectional Data team means:
- Providing expert advice on data engineering by working with all of the Bank's business lines and certain subsidiaries to centralize and analyze data related to:
- Money laundering
- Applying rigorous analysis methods and controls to large databases to understand trends and identify faults
- Interacting with other data engineers and various internal partners
- Having the opportunity to work on new data analysis trends within the industry.
Specifically, you will:
- Serve as a data engineering expert to influence business lines in their organization and presentation of fraud or money laundering-related data
- Take charge of complex initiatives or unusual situations that require creativity and excellent knowledge of different aspects of data engineering and analysis
- Help identify and document authoritative sources of data that meet business line needs
- Design, automate and implement real-time data integration solutions that meet the sector’s needs, in accordance with the Bank’s best practices
- Help improve processes and tools, and guide the choice of data analysis tools
- Identify, compare and resolve data quality issues
- Work with programmers to correct data quality errors
- Determine the cause of data quality errors and make recommendations for long-term solutions
- Develop improvements to processes for overall data quality enhancement
- Ensure compliance with data quality standards
- Analyze, query and manipulate data in accordance with the defined business rules
- Develop rules and process to control the integrity (accuracy, rigour, process compliance) of all data in data warehouses
- Work with master data management tools to ensure effective data use
- Recommend enhancements to processes and suggest alternatives for continuous improvement of existing workflows
- Stay informed of and train the organization on data quality best practices
- Study new data sources and establish policies for future data collection in order to support business decisions
- Provide expert advice to the management of Cross-Sectional Data on implementing activities related to the sector’s strategic orientations
- Be an agent for change and ensure co-development (identify needs and suggest training activities) as part of the sector’s development in data analysis
- Monitor best practices and tools available in the data analysis and integration field.
- Completed bachelor’s degree and 7 years of relevant experience OR completed master’s degree and 3 to 5 years of relevant experience
- Solid experience in data integration and profiling
- Knowledge of Python and SQL languages
- Experience with the implementation and use of AWS Glue, Lake Formation, Redshift
- Proficiency with DevOps concepts.
- Proactiveness and attention to detail
- Experience in database modelling (e.g., 3NF, dimensional, Data Vault), an asset
- Strong collaborative spirit
- Solid time and priority management skills
- Knowledge of the Agile approach (Scrum), an asset
- Good communication skills and ability to influence
- Good command of spoken and written French.
In addition to competitive compensation, upon hiring you’ll be eligible for a wide range of flexible benefits to help promote your wellbeing and that of your family.
- Health and wellness program, including many options
- Flexible group insurance
- Generous pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Preferential banking services
- Initiatives promoting community involvement
- Telemedicine service
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are a few of the benefits available to you. We have an offer that keeps up with trends as well as your needs and those of your family.
Our dynamic work environments and cutting-edge collaboration tools foster a positive employee experience. We actively listen to employees’ ideas. Whether through our surveys or programs, regular feedback and ongoing communication is encouraged.
We’re a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on people’s lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that’s accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodation, feel free to let us know during our initial conversations.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Are you ready to live your ambitions?
JobField: Business Intelligence and Data
Unposting Date: 2022-12-31
Job Number: BUS000PT
Posting Date: 2022-11-10