Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
- Are you interested in data?
- Do you want to be part of a dynamic team and work cross-sector to improve overall data quality?
- Would you like to work in a sector that is growing rapidly?
If you answered yes to these questions, we invite you to submit your application.
National Bank offers you a work environment in which you can excel on the data team while working in close collaboration with all Bank sectors. Joining our team means developing in a workplace that fosters respect and transparency and having the opportunity to learn and progress within a team that values client satisfaction, performance, cooperation and innovation.
Being a data management professional means working rigorously in an advisory role where your actions have a broad impact on the organization, which is undergoing a transformation.
This position reports to the Data Quality Manager and the Commercial Banking Product Manager.
Your main challenges:
- Participate in the overall improvement of the quality of the Bank’s data
- Work in big data and distributed computing environments
- Discover, structure, cleanse, enrich, validate, prepare, and publish data sets in a format adapted to be used by integrated systems (UI for business, analytics, modelling, and BI) for business line needs
- Monitor activities and ensure compliance with established policies, standards and procedures
- Provide useful information for decision-making and formulate recommendations to improve systems and work processes.
- Be agile, be able to work in a changing environment. Be able to work under pressure
More specifically, you will:
- Manipulate a large amount of data in order to analyze it and propose a correction or conversion strategy
- Link data quality to the governed model
- Be a resource person on a junior team
- Help implement activities concerning the manual matching of client data, making sure you understand and consider the rules to be applied beforehand
- Perform operational work on the Bank’s client data with the aim of improving overall data quality
- Apply established procedures and make recommendations as needed. Be results-oriented in your work
- Make sure that your unit meets quality and compliance standards, while making the necessary corrections to approaches and procedures
- Proficient at the Office 365 suite, in particular Excel and Access
- Very good SAS, SQL database management skills
- Comfortable with complex, high-volume data tables
- Knowledge of ICOP, Inspector, and internal client software at the Bank, an asset
- Comfortable performing repetitive tasks
- Good analytical skills
- Comfortable working under pressure and within tight deadlines
- Bilingualism, both spoken and written (English and French)
The Bank has innovated by modernizing its performance evaluation system to better meet our clients’ evolving needs. From now on, the corporate values (expected behaviours) of partnership, agility and empowerment count as much as the business objectives.
The compensation associated with this position is available on the My HR portal. Look up "salary scales" in the search field on the portal. While only one level is posted, the manager has the latitude to position the selected candidate at a lower level, depending on their profile.
Working at National Bank means having access to competitive working conditions, a wide range of employee benefits, a dynamic work environment and telemedicine services.
National Bank values all aspects of diversity and sees it as a tremendous source of wealth. We want to offer an open, respectful work environment where all employees can achieve their full potential. Senior management has made a concrete commitment to promote this value across all sectors of the organization. We're committed to providing accommodations as needed and ensuring accessibility during the recruitment process and after hiring. If you have any specific needs, please let us know during our initial conversation and we'll be happy to accommodate you.
JobField: Business Intelligence and Data
Unposting Date: 2021-06-22
Job Number: BUS000JR
Posting Date: 2021-06-08