Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
Joining the Architecture team at National Bank means contributing to the transformation and having a direct impact on clients.
As a Security Solutions Architect, you will be part of a team of architects responsible for implementing solutions in the following areas: cryptography, identity and access management (IAM), security monitoring, threat and vulnerability management, network security management, cloud security and mobile security.
You’ll work closely with security development teams, product owners, security analysts, and architects in other fields, and help to ensure the evolution and success of our cloud strategy and approach that puts clients and security first. You will also be an important stakeholder in protecting our IT assets and data from intrusion.
- Act as a technical expert for our business partners and design security architectures by collaborating with the project teams and stakeholders in other teams (Developers, System Administrators, Analysts, PMs, AMs, etc.) to ensure a successful rollout.
- Participate in discussion forums with colleagues, enterprise architecture/IT/security.
- Select and implement RFIs/RFPs, proofs of concept, pilot projects, testing strategies.
- Define business needs and security controls to be put in place. Ensure end-to-end follow-up of projects right up to the implementation phases.
- Act as a leader and actively participate in the community of practice focused on security and foster a culture that places security first.
- Perform proactive application risk assessments and issue architecture-related recommendations to ensure operations remain stable and to avoid problems.
- Implement a data-driven system to ensure application monitoring and performance that meets all service levels.
- Act as a specialist in the field and provide advice to stakeholders on the application of principles.
- Develop security design models and roadmaps by taking into account operations, application design, legal aspects and costs.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field and 7 years of relevant experience or a master’s degree in a related field and 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience in security architecture, design and integration of security solutions in a large corporation
- Good understanding of internal and network protocols, operating systems (Windows/Linux) and current technology
- Excellent problem-solving skills by identifying solutions and following up until problems are resolved
- CISSP, SANS GIAC and ICS2 security certification, an asset
- Ability to summarize information and express it in laymen’s terms
- Ability to work in a team and manage various stakeholders
- Bilingualism, both spoken and written (English and French)
More specifically, hold several of the following points:
- In-depth knowledge and experience implementing information security principles, applying policies, operating systems, web applications and high-level knowledge of the use of malicious code, OWASP, Mitre Attack framework and common attack techniques
- Hands-on experience in enterprise-wide security monitoring, threat and vulnerability management, mobile security, and cloud security (access point protection, network security, application security, authentication and authorization)
- Hands-on experience with IAM, Active Directory, High Privilege Access Management (HPAM), and cryptography
- Experience with key management systems (KMS), cloud access security brokers (CASB), intrusion detection systems (IDS) or intrusion prevention systems (IPS) and network monitoring solutions EDR, NGAV, NGFW, SIEM, SOAR, vulnerability scanning, application security SAST, DAST, AST, container security (Kubernetes/Docker)
- Knowledge of IaaS (AWS/Azure), SaaS/PaaS cloud solutions
Upon hiring, you will be eligible for a wide range of benefits. In addition to competitive compensation, we offer attractive benefits for you and your family:
- Health and wellness program, including many benefits
- Flexible group insurance
- Pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and family assistance program
- Preferred banking services
- Volunteer program
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are just a few of the many benefits we offer. We've rolled out a number of additional measures to ensure your health, safety and wellbeing during the pandemic.
We're putting people first
We're a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on peoples' lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that is accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodations, feel free to let us know during your first conversations with us.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Ready to live your ambitions?
Unposting Date: 2022-01-27
Job Number: ARC00065
Posting Date: 2022-01-13