Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
- Do you have a keen interest in capital management?
- Are you driven by new challenges whereby you can make your strategic mark on the Bank?
- Do you have strong interpersonal skills?
Then this position is for you!
You will be reporting to the Senior Manager, Capital Strategy, and you will act as the expert for any questions related to capital management. You will act as leader and make recommendations for reaching the Bank’s efficiency and profitability objectives. You will work closely with your colleagues as well as members from the Finance, Risk sectors and other stakeholders from business units.
Your main challenges:
- Guide the department’s strategic decisions by providing rigorous analyses that have a significant impact on the quality of decisions made by management for active capital and balance sheet management.
- Influence the sector’s decisions and objectives, and devise and develop the Bank’s practices and policies on active capital and balance sheet management.
- Carry out various analyses and complex evaluations on the consumption and optimization of regulatory capital and the balance sheet for various Bank activities. These analyses will support the recommendations presented to management and to business unit managers.
- Understand business issues, identify stakeholders’ needs and propose strategies to optimize capital to help carry out activities.
More specifically, you will:
- Perform rigorous analyses to support the recommendations for a capital and balance sheet strategy:
- Perform analyses and carry out special mandates for the Capital Management team
- Analyze and interpret consumption of regulatory/economic capital and the balance sheet, prepare reports and presentations for these activities
- Evaluate impact on capital ratios related to various Bank initiatives
- Develop analysis tools that can quickly satisfy requests from stakeholders
- Contribute to the development and coordinate implementation of capital optimization initiatives
- Provide regulatory monitoring of capital management and evaluate the impact of any change on the capital position and the Bank’s activities
- Keep up to date on the best industry practices for capital management
- Develop and maintain close cooperation with various internal and external stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 7 years of relevant experience OR a master’s degree in a related field and 5 years of relevant experience OR university certificate/undergraduate diploma from the National Bank University Program and 9 years of relevant experience
- CPA, an asset
- Experience in data analysis
- Experience in capital strategies, desirable
- Excellent knowledge of banking activities
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access)
- Knowledge of VBA programming
- Knowledge of the Basel Accord and capital management field, desirable
- Excellent ability to solve problems, find solutions and make recommendations
- Good ability to convey information in simple terms and good written communication skills
- Good analytical skills and thoroughness
- Superior ability to learn and adapt
- Bilingualism, spoken and written (English/French), essential (for dealing with English-speaking partners outside Quebec)
In addition to competitive compensation, upon hiring you’ll be eligible for a wide range of flexible benefits to help promote your wellbeing and that of your family.
- Health and wellness program, including many options
- Flexible group insurance
- Generous pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Preferential banking services
- Initiatives promoting community involvement
- Telemedicine service
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are a few of the benefits available to you. We have an offer that keeps up with trends as well as your needs and those of your family.
Our dynamic work environments and cutting-edge collaboration tools foster a positive employee experience. We actively listen to employees’ ideas. Whether through our surveys or programs, regular feedback and ongoing communication is encouraged.
We're putting people first
We're a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on peoples' lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that is accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodations, feel free to let us know during your first conversations with us.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Ready to live your ambitions?
JobField: Risk Management
Unposting Date: 2022-10-07
Job Number: ACC0002M
Posting Date: 2022-09-23