Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
National Bank Trust (NBT) consolidates and protects our clients' wealth and provides a smooth transition to ensure their peace of mind. We play a major role with our partners in helping to strengthen our business relationship with clients. This position reports to the Project and Strategy Manager and requires cross-sector collaboration within National Bank Trust. You will be asked to use your expertise in various projects for both institutional and personal services. NBT is undergoing a complete transformation, so this is your chance to join a dynamic team and contribute to the sector’s evolution with your ideas and initiatives. As a Business Process Advisor, you’ll have the opportunity to participate in a number of large-scale projects, work on a dynamic team and experience personal growth thanks to management practices that favour a good work/life balance.
Your main challenges
- Contribute to and/or take charge of the delivery of business initiatives
- Determine business needs, manage the impacts on operations and recommend the best possible solutions
- Manage priorities and ensure that the improvements/solutions delivered are profitable based on the business value
- Challenge existing business rules and work methods
- Manage stakeholders and align their different interests
- Proactively summarize results, issues, and risks for management
- Manage risks soundly on a daily basis
More specifically, you will:
- Align business process optimization with the organization’s strategic objectives and translate business needs into functional needs, document and explain them
- Identify optimization opportunities in the short and medium term based on industry best practices
- Recommend ways to improve performance and process optimization, and make the employee and client experience your main focus
- Positively influence and engage stakeholders by proactively briefing them on results, issues and risks
- Develop a detailed project plan to oversee and track progress
- Coordinate and supervise internal resources and third parties/suppliers to ensure project delivery
- Represent the team at sector meetings/workshops and ensure that information is transferred to all parties concerned
- Play a leadership role in process implementation, standardization and optimization projects
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field plus 5 years of relevant experience OR master’s degree in a related field plus 3 years of relevant experience
- Experience in the banking and/or financial services industry, an asset
- Experience in change management and initiative deployment
- Experience in project management/delivery of initiatives in Agile mode
- Experience in process reengineering and continuous improvement; Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, an asset
- Ability to work in a team and with internal clients
- Skilled in managing multiple priorities, results-oriented
- Sense of initiative and autonomy
- Bilingualism, spoken and written (English and French)
Upon hiring, you will be eligible for a wide range of benefits. In addition to competitive compensation, we offer attractive benefits for you and your family:
- Health and wellness program, including many benefits
- Flexible group insurance
- Defined benefit pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and family assistance program
- Preferred banking services
- Volunteer program
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are just a few of the many benefits we offer. We've rolled out a number of additional measures to ensure your health, safety and wellbeing during the pandemic.
We're putting people first
We're a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on peoples' lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that is accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodations, feel free to let us know during your first conversations with us.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Ready to live your ambitions?
JobField: Advisory Services, Commercial Banking
Unposting Date: 2022-05-26
Job Number: ADV00202
Posting Date: 2022-05-12