Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
- Do you have a solid background in Big Data and would like to put it to use designing innovative solutions?
- Do you want to influence the Bank’s IT strategies and directions?
- Do you want to use your expertise to build the digital bank of tomorrow?
The Advanced Analytics IT team is looking for a Big Data solutions architect who will join a project which is central to our data strategy. We are looking for a candidate with creative skills in analytics, able to deliver specific results, all the while adhering to commitments, and who is open to collaborating efficiently in multidisciplinary teams.
Working as part of an architecture team means being central to the Bank's transformation and playing a key role in the design of safe and forward-thinking solutions.
More information about the responsibilities:
- In collaboration with domain architecture, development teams and Operations, design and implement complex big data solutions
- Define the big data and analytics strategy using relevant technologies and trends in the analytics sector
- Be in charge of implementing the strategy for the design and architecture of the customer analytics platform components using cloud infrastructures (Azure, AWS) as well as several software components required by data scientists
- Lead the design of reference architecture models for the integration of structured and unstructured data
- Define the technical assessment criteria for selecting products and technologies and determining the recommended technical approaches to ensure that the solutions are successful within a coherent systems design
- Participate and execute proof of concept exercises for adopting new big data management technologies, software engineering tools and new models within existing structures
- Use your influence to recommend ways to improve reliability, efficiency and data quality
- Monitor the implementation of solutions until they are delivered by ensuring compliance with established architectures (corporate architecture).
- A completed bachelor's degree in a related area of activity plus 10 years' relevant experience, or a completed master's degree in a related area of activity plus 7 years' relevant experience
- Experience and knowledge of Azure, AWS cloud
- Experience in establishing architectures related to data security, firewalls, encryption, identity and access management (IAM), networks, compliance (SOX/HIPPA/PII) and data protection
- Practical experience with several big data tools (Spark, Kafka, Snowflake, Databricks, Qlik)
- Experience with Git, Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins in vital production environments, an asset
- Excellent knowledge of container management tools and practices (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Excellent knowledge of architecture design, data modelling and implementation of megadata platform architectures and analytical applications
- Understanding of and experience with advanced analytics, including supervised and unsupervised machine learning
- Bilingualism, both spoken and written (English and French)
Join an organization undergoing a major digital transformation where innovation and security are priorities!
Does that sound like you? What are you waiting for? Apply now!
The Bank has innovated by modernizing its performance evaluation system to better meet our clients’ evolving needs. From now on, the corporate values (expected behaviours) of partnership, agility and empowerment count as much as the business objectives.
Working at National Bank means having access to competitive working conditions, a wide range of employee benefits, a dynamic work environment and telemedicine services.
National Bank values all aspects of diversity and sees it as a tremendous source of wealth. We want to offer an open, respectful work environment where all employees can achieve their full potential. Senior management has made a concrete commitment to promote this value across all sectors of the organization. We're committed to providing accommodations as needed and ensuring accessibility during the recruitment process and after hiring. If you have any specific needs, please let us know during our initial conversation and we'll be happy to accommodate you.
Unposting Date: 2021-06-18
Job Number: ARC00041
Posting Date: 2021-06-11