Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
National Bank believes artificial intelligence (“AI”) is core to the future of financial services. As such, we are seeking to build a robust and efficient AI practice that works with 1) each and every business unit at the Bank 2) all data and analytics teams already in place across the organization and 3) external partners, associations, and academic institutions.
NBC’s intention is to:
▪ implement AI and machine learning experts within each business line
▪ engage broadly with the AI community to offer new solutions, practices and knowledge to address challenges in financial services
▪ work in conjunction with partners to develop solutions and roadmaps that meet NBC's needs
To accomplish this NBC will be appointing:
▪ a "Deputy Vice-President – AI Relationships and Partnerships"
▪ an "AI Practice Lead"
▪ an "AI Leader"
▪ several "Artificial Intelligence Experts" who will be dedicated to a specific business unit (Financial Markets, Wealth Management, Personal and Commercial Banking, IT, Operations, Finance and Treasury, Risk Management and Human Resources)
Main challenges for the Artificial Intelligence Experts:
• Understand all key business objectives of NBC and how AI can accelerate the underlying strategy.
• Work directly with business unit partners and take ownership of the overall AI aspect in projects, its execution and deliverables.
• Make an important contribution to the analysis, design, and implementation of business performance approaches by developing tailor-made solutions and ensuring a positive impact and sustainable results.
• Drive research on industry trends and the commercial applications of machine learning for your specific business unit and lead the tool/asset development strategy to support AI solutions.
• Work in collaboration with the extended team and other data scientists and analysts to define, design and develop tools and strategies based on AI technologies.
• Collaborate closely and cohesively with CDO/strategy counterparts to maintain the AI framework, tools, datasets and standards.
• Develop, implement, and train deep learning algorithms and architectures.
• Identify and prioritize opportunities to apply AI for your business unit.
• Manage the end-to-end process of developing, presenting, prioritizing, and leading the implementation of AI solutions.
• Develop prototypes and scalable algorithms using technical data to enable insights and facilitate the decision making process.
• Introduce advanced predictive modelling to unearth key metrics and define success.
• Interpret technical data requirements and manage the development of data intelligence capabilities.
• Build portions of NBC’s AI environment.
• Work with internal and external partners to support the NBC AI ecosystem.
• Assume responsibility for the delivery of AI solutions throughout your business unit.
• Ensure that NBC attains a position at the forefront of using AI for business growth by leveraging the latest techniques, capabilities and tools.
• Ph.D. or Master's degree in Statistics, Applied Math, Computer Science or other field relevant to AI
• Experience in artificial intelligence, machine learning, natural language processing or other related areas
• Experience in training and tuning machine learning models to be used in production environments for real-time processing
• Experience with a broad spectrum of machine learning algorithms including unsupervised, supervised, and reinforcement learning and a variant of neural network models
• Experience working with unstructured data (email, documents, chats)
• Sound applied statistics foundations; comfortable discussing topics such as probability distributions, bias/variance trade-off and hypothesis testing
• Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms such as k-NN, naive Bayes, SVM, decision forests, boosting, ensembling, neural networks, etc.
• Experience with common data science/machine learning toolkits
• Experience with big data tools such as Spark, Hadoop, an asset
• Strong perspective on current and emerging machine learning trends
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team
We strive to be an inclusive organization where all employees are valued. National Bank stands out for its many initiatives to promote inclusion, making it a Canada-wide leader in diversity.
See how we do it: https://jobs.nbc.ca/diversity
JobField: Artificial Intelligence
Job Number: IT000Y0
Posting Date: 2018-08-30