Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
National Bank has an opportunity for Analysts, to take part in the Financial Markets Partners - Talents development program for Market Risk. The program starts in June 2019 for permanent placement in the Financial Markets Partner Areas - Market Risk following the program.
Nature of the contribution
The Talent development program is structured to identify and recruit talented and motivated new graduates interested in a career in Financial Markets support functions such as Market Risk.
Over the course of the Talent development program, candidates will have the opportunity to train in various market risk streams (P&L, Greeks and VaR). In this permanent role, the individuals will be responsible for producing and analyzing the risk measures and performance of one or more Financial Markets business lines. The program offers candidates the opportunity to broaden their knowledge and experience firsthand regarding various product specialties, with the ultimate goal of helping the candidates acquire broad product knowledge and to position them for success supporting the Financial Markets businesses. This role can eventually progress towards positions with risk oversight and/or trading.
Talent development program candidates will produce and analyze risk and performance measures. You will identify irregularities that lead to inaccurate performance and market risk measures and take the necessary steps to correct them. You will also assist in developing, implementing and monitoring efficient work processes and systems.
More specifically, you will:
- Work closely with the trading team and risk oversight group to develop a deep knowledge of the business, clients and strategies;
- Stay up to date on market conditions and the interventions of central banks;
- Calculate and validate Market Risk measures according to applicable policies and procedures;
- Provide timely accurate and complete market risk reporting and analysis, owning the end-to-end processes that facilitate this reporting stream;
- Generate accurate and complete daily independent P&L; reconcile with the Front Office forecast and publish results in a timely manner and escalate issues & gaps, as required;
- Produce daily Attribution to validate risk and P&L and explain any differences and obtain daily Front Office P&L sign-off;
- Complete end of period reconciliation with accounting and reporting where applicable
- Monitor market risk limits and follow-up on breaches with Front-Office and Risk Oversight;
- Adapt reporting processes to reflect changes in risk methodologies and ensure accurate capture of new products & activities;
- Ensure documentation on processes and procedures is accurate and up to date;
- Collaborate with key partners within Market Risk, Operations, Accounting and IT on an ongoing basis to ensure optimal and efficient performance of the end-to-end reporting processes in order to provide more effective business support;
- Contribute to the development, evolution and implementation of tools used for performance and market risk measurement.
- Bachelor’s or Master's Degree completed before June 2019
- Achieved outstanding academic performance
- Excellent numerical and analytical abilities
- Basic programming required;
- Demonstrated leadership and teamwork capabilities
- Bilingualism (spoken/written) English and French is required
- Successful completion or in the process of receiving the CFA designation, is considered an asset
- Maintained active involvement in extracurricular activities
This job requires flexibility to travel to Toronto, Montreal during the program
This program is open to people with a field of studies related or not to the sector. Backgrounds in Engineering, Mathematics, Finance and Risk are valued. We value diversity of academics within our employees.
Please ensure you provide us with the following documents in one PDF document* (Maximum file size: 2 MB. Please use a low-resolution for your scanned documents):
- A personal statement detailing your motivation
- A current resume
- Latest university transcripts
Also, ensure that document named as follows:
Last name_First name_university name.PDF
We strive to be an inclusive organization where all employees are valued. National Bank stands out for its many initiatives to promote inclusion, making it a Canada-wide leader in diversity.
See how we do it: https://jobs.nbc.ca/diversity
JobField: Risk Management
Unposting Date: 2019-03-03
Job Number: MAR000WA
Posting Date: 2019-02-05