Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
National Bank of Canada, together with its subsidiaries, forms one of Canada's leading integrated financial groups that offers a variety of financial services through its Financial Markets divisions to a diversified clientele including corporate clients, institutional clients, and governments. Our organization has offices in Montreal, Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver, New York, London, Dublin, and Hong Kong.
We are looking for a professional to implement various regulations (mainly the Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act), compliance standards, and policies when opening institutional clients' accounts in Financial Markets.
- Do you want to help prevent money laundering?
- Are you able to build and maintain good relationships with various partners?
- Are you known for your drive, discipline, and proactivity?
- Two permanent positions and one 12-month temporary position to fill
- You will report to the Senior Manager of the Counterparty Documentation Centre under Financial Markets Operations
- Work in a dynamic environment with team values
- Grow within a team that values customer satisfaction, performance, collaboration, and innovation
- Onboarding training program (over several weeks)
What will your day-to-day tasks be?
- Help Financial Markets business lines of the Bank's international subsidiaries and branches document counterparties, carry out risk analysis, and perform due diligence reviews in compliance with the Bank's policies and procedures and Canadian, international, and other regulations to which the Bank and its subsidiaries in Canada are subject (PCMLTFA, FATCA, 4th MLD, other applicable laws)
- Act as a contact person for various partners and team members as they perform due diligence reviews of clients/counterparties
- Understand the needs of partners and identify and analyze the issues presented by taking initiative and suggesting tailor-made solutions
- Help implement and develop controls and tools to achieve high quality standards and ensure their application
- Familiarize yourself with any new corporate standards and applicable laws that may affect the sector's activities
- Help train new employees and assist team members in day-to-day activities
- Help draft and update job procedures related to position and sector activities
- Carry out the controls put in place to manage the operational and regulatory risk associated with the activities of the position
- Bachelor's degree in law or a related field and 4 years of relevant experience OR Master's degree in a related field and 2 years of relevant experience
- Member of the Barreau du Québec or the Chambre des notaires du Québec, an asset
- Thorough knowledge of Financial Markets activities, IIROC regulations, OSFI standards, and other applicable regulations
- Good understanding of compliance standards for institutional clients
- Thorough knowledge of the Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act and related regulations
- Knowledge of finance (securities operations), an asset
- Knowledge of the Canadian and U.S. taxation regulatory framework, an asset
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment on several files at the same time within tight timeframes
- Recognized for being proactive, accountable, and flexible
- Bilingualism, spoken and written (English/French), essential
Upon hiring, you will be eligible for a wide range of benefits. In addition to competitive compensation, we offer attractive benefits for you and your family:
- Health and wellness program, including many benefits
- Flexible group insurance
- Defined benefit pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and family assistance program
- Preferred banking services
- Volunteer program
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are just a few of the many benefits we offer. We've rolled out a number of additional measures to ensure your health, safety and wellbeing during the pandemic.
We're putting people first
We're a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on peoples' lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that is accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodations, feel free to let us know during your first conversations with us.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Ready to live your ambitions?
Unposting Date: 2021-09-16
Job Number: LEG000CO
Posting Date: 2021-09-01