Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
Please note that there are 2 positions available
- Do you want to join a team with great growth?
- Are you a perfect collaborator to support your manager in reaching his objectives?
Join the Buisness Specialized Groups sector
Within this business line, you will proactively support the Associate Vice President to ensure the success of the teams.
Your main challenges will be:
- Thoroughly perform all administrative support activities;
- Coordinate all business events and activities in an optimal manner;
- Draft, review and improve letters and documents of various nature;
- Assist the manager with the arrival and departure of employees in the business line;
- Ensure the reception, processing and distribution of various information to the team.
More specifically, you will :
- Maintain your manager's agenda, schedule appointments, coordinate meetings and travel logistics as well as suggest improvements to make work efficient;
- Support your manager in the organization of various client and team activities;
- Monitor the budget and prepare budget variance justifications for your manager;
- Master all basic softwares essential to your function;
- Act as a resource person for all employees in your area regarding requests for information on the Bank's administrative policies and procedures;
- Support the Account managers in the completion of certain administrative tasks such as training follow-up, bill payment.
- High school diploma and 3 years relevant experience or College diploma and 1 year relevant experience
- Experience in secretarial work
- Experience in proactive agenda management
- Experience working with various collaboration tools such as Yammer, SharePoint, Teams, etc. (desirable)
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Sense of initiative, proactivity and good collaborative approach
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate openness and adaptability
- Strong ability to determine priorities and emergencies
- Autonomy and organizational skills
- Thoroughness and professionalism
- Relational skills (interpersonal skills and customer focus)
- Bilingual (spoken/written) French and English
At National Bank, we stand out by investing in our employees throughout their careers—as demonstrated when we were awarded silver in the "Most Innovative use of HR Technology" category at the 2020 Canadian HR Awards for our use of Axonify, a personalized learning solution that can be used every day.
The Bank has innovated by modernizing its performance evaluation system to better meet our clients’ evolving needs. From now on, the corporate values (expected behaviours) of partnership, agility and empowerment count as much as the business objectives.
Working at National Bank means having access to competitive working conditions, a wide range of employee benefits, a dynamic work environment and telemedicine services.
National Bank sees diversity as a great source of wealth and values it in all its dimensions. Its objective is to offer an open, respectful work environment where all employees can achieve their full potential. Senior management's concrete commitment helps spread this value across all sectors in the organization. The Bank has been ranked among the top employers for diversity in Canada for several years.
Come and see how: https://jobs.nbc.ca/diversity
JobField: Administrative Support and Coordination
Unposting Date: 2021-09-17
Job Number: ADM001GH
Posting Date: 2021-08-27