Account Manager Commercial Banking
As a Manager, Commercial Banking, you will grow in step with your assigned portfolio of business clients. You will quickly become a trusted advisor on all of your clients’ financial projects. You will acquire new clients through the business development activities in which you will be involved. You will participate in a number of social activities with business people. Experienced, supportive co–workers will support you with complex and varied tasks that you will perform for your clients. You will fully experience the meaning of teamwork. Come join a bank that has a positive impact on people’s lives.
- Profile: Passion for business development
- Experience:Experience in sales and business development, commercial credit and financial analysis
- Background: Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
- Bilingualism:English and French, depending on the position location
- Work Environment:Bilingual, collaborative workspaces, teamwork, cutting-edge technological environments
What does it take for a Manager, Commercial Banking to stand out our team? Here are a few of the required skills:
- Driven by bussines development 10
- Client–centric 10
- Results–oriented 9
- Commercial credit expert 9
- Skilled networker 8
- Skilled negotiator 8
- Team player 7
- Autonomous and flexible 7
5 key characteristics
- Ability to build relationships
We help entrepreneurs make their dreams happen We manage our own business like an entrepreneur! It's so motivating! Each year is a new slate and brings new challenges.
Initial training and professional development
Digital workspaces and flexible schedules
Availability of Bank executives
Strong brand in Quebec and close relationships with clients
Manager, Commercial Banking
Employee Status: Regular
A career as an account manager in the Commercial Banking sector at National Bank means living up to your ambitions by improving your life, that of our clients and your colleagues. By adopting a friendly approach and providing high-quality advice, you will offer clients a people-centric experience and help them reach their business goals.
We are currently offering career opportunities for Managers – Small and Medium-sized Enterprise (SME) Accounts and Commercial Banking (CB) in the greater Montreal area, on the North Shore, the South Shore and across the province of Quebec.
- Identify and develop business opportunities in your market
- Establish business development strategies to grow your client base
- Achieve your clients' business goals
- Advise your clients on our financial strategies, products and banking services
- Follow up on your clients' needs by adapting and optimizing their financial products
- Actively participate in various networking activities
- Negotiate the terms of agreements with clients
- Manage risk appropriately and meet set profitability criteria
This career will provide you with the autonomy required to grow the portfolio of business clients assigned to you. You will report to the Associate Vice-President for your region. With the assistance of a team of various credit and treasury specialists, you will properly structure complex credit files for your clients.
Our team values passionate people and bold ideas. We work together to ensure our clients meet their objectives and colleagues do what they love. We know that we can count on our colleagues and assistance from others to foster the sharing of knowledge.
You are committed to supporting our clients in the realization of their projects and to helping them benefit from the expertise of your colleagues. You like to develop relationships of trust with your clients and colleagues.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree
- Experience in sales and business development
- Experience analyzing financial statements
- Experience in commercial credit
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and French
- Network of professional contacts among local medium-sized enterprises and large companies
- Discipline, commitment to teamwork and eagerness to learn
- Interest in technology and skilled in sharing knowledge
- Ability to adapt to various situations
After three years as an Account Manager, many options will be available to you. For example, you could advance in the same role, get promoted or move to another region. We offer many career opportunities and encourage internal mobility.
Our training programs use on-the-job learning to help you master your role. You'll also have access to colleagues with a wide range of expertise, experiences, and profiles to enrich all aspects of your development.
Upon hiring, you'll be eligible for a wide range of benefits. In addition to competitive compensation, we offer flexible and attractive benefits for you and your family:
- Health and wellness program, including many benefits
- Flexible group insurance
- Defined benefit pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and family assistance program
- Preferential banking services
- Community involvement program
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are just some of the many benefits we offer. We've rolled out a number of additional measures to ensure your health, safety and wellbeing during the pandemic.
Our dynamic work environments and cutting-edge collaboration tools foster a pleasant employee experience. We actively listen to employees’ ideas. Whether through our surveys or programs, regular feedback and ongoing communication is encouraged.
We're a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on peoples’ lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that's accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodations, feel free to let us know during our initial conversations.
We welcome all candidates!
- Are you ready to live up to your ambitions?
The Bank has innovated by modernizing its performance evaluation system to better meet our clients’ evolving needs. From now on, the corporate values (expected behaviors) of partnership, agility and empowerment count as much as the business objectives.
National Bank sees diversity as a great source of wealth and values it in all its dimensions. Its objective is to offer an open, respectful work environment where all employees can achieve their full potential. Senior management's concrete commitment helps spread this value across all sectors in the organization. The Bank has been ranked among the top employers for diversity in Canada for several years.
At National Bank, we stand out by investing in our employees throughout their careers—as demonstrated when we were awarded silver in the "Most Innovative use of HR Technology" category at the 2020 Canadian HR Awards for our use of Axonify, a personalized learning solution that can be used every day.
Particular Condition:- Please note that a minimal time in function (in the same function, same transit and/or same portfolio) of 3 years is required for this position because it demands a constant and direct relationship with customers. This period will allow you to acquire the required skills for the position and to build a relationship with your customers.
- As part of his duties, the candidate will be required to travel to meet clients.
OVERVIEW OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
All applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Once your application has been reviewed, if you're selected to continue the process, you'll receive an email invitation from
to answer a Talent Explorer questionnaire. **Please check your spam or junk folder.
You'll have 24 hours to complete the questionnaire (It takes 15 minutes). Completing the questionnaire is mandatory if you want to continue with the recruitment process.
We thank all candidates who show their interest and apply. However, because of the volume of applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted for a first-round interview.
JobField: Advisory Services, Commercial Banking
Unposting Date: 2021-06-30
Job Number: ADV00183
Posting Date: 2021-04-21
Register for job alerts according to my preferences.Subscribe