As an Investment Associate, you’ll play a key role in the team. You’ll work closely with advisors and be a contact person for our clients, providing them with distinctive service. Your work will put you at the centre of the action, and you will continue your professional development. Come contribute to our group’s success!
- Profile: Interest in the financial industry
- Experience: 2 years of relevant experience in financial services
- Languages: In QC: Bilingualism, both spoken and written (English and French)
Outside of QC: Knowledge of another language besides English is an asset
- Training: College diploma (Quebec DEC) and/or university degree in a related field + CSC course & Conduct and Practices Handbook Course (CPH) completed by the end of your first year in the job
- Technology: Excellent command of Office 365
Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What do our employees and candidates think of us? Discover us seamlessly.
What does it take for an Investment Associate to stand out on our team? Here are a few of the main competencies:
- Unparalleled customer service 10
- Entrepreneurial mindset 9
- Team-oriented mindset 9
- Professionalism 9
- Stress resistance/Emotion management 8
- Interest in finance 8
5 key skills
National Bank Financial, Trois-Rivières, Quebec
It’s a field that offers many opportunities.— Investment Associate at National Bank
It’s definitely not a boring job!— Investment Associate at National Bank
Attractive Total Compensation
Primary Locations: London, Ontario
Employee Status: Regular
National Bank Financial – Wealth Management is the fifth largest investment dealer in Canada. We have almost 1,000 investment advisors in close to 100 branches, helping more than 400,000 clients manage their assets.
- Support Investment Advisors in providing superior customer service and be available to answer client requests in person, on the phone and by email.
- Participate in activities to support Investment Advisors in their business development.
- Execute unsolicited transactions, buying and selling of securities and transaction adjustments, if applicable.
- Carry out instructions such as deposits, withdrawals, transfers and currency conversions for all investment accounts and ensure a rigorous follow-up.
- Analyze, open and update client files.
- Generate portfolio management reports.
- Implement efficient procedures for the administration of client files.
- Manage the advisors’ agenda, book appointments and prepare for client meetings.
- Provide clients with information on tax slips and other documents.
- Assist clients in the use of our digital banking services.
- Carry out all other related tasks
- Willing to travel within Southwestern Ontario.
- Completed College and/or University diploma in a related field
- Two years' relevant experience in the banking, insurance and/or financial industry
- Successful completion of the Canadian Securities Course and/or Conduct and Practices Handbook Course
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to adapt to change
- Organizational and priority management skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Be autonomous, energetic and disciplined
- Bilingualism (French & English) might be required only in certain regions
We strive to be an inclusive organization where all employees are valued. National Bank stands out for its many initiatives to promote inclusion, making it a Canada-wide leader in diversity.
Particular Condition:Position paid 100% base salary + redirected premium + bonus.
If you don’t have the required licences, by accepting the position, you pledge to successfully complete the Canadian Securities Course and the Conduct and Practices Handbook Course within one year of taking the position.
The candidate needs to be able to identify all risks inherent to the sector’s activities.
OVERVIEW OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
All applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Once your application has been reviewed, if you're selected to continue the process, you'll receive an email invitation within 72 hours from
to answer a Talent Explorer questionnaire. **Please check your spam or junk folder.
You'll have 24 hours to complete the questionnaire (takes 15 minutes). Completing the questionnaire is mandatory if you want to continue with the recruitment process.
We thank all candidates who show their interest and apply. However, because of the volume of applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted for a first-round interview.
JobField: Wealth Management
Unposting Date: 2020-10-30
Job Number: SUP000UE
Posting Date: 2020-10-16
Register for job alerts according to my preferences.Subscribe