You have the desire to help and enjoy challenges, you'll play an important role for your clients as a financial planner. Through all 7 fields of financial planning, you'll work closely with the team to provide standout assistance and advice to clients when preparing a comprehensive financial plan for them. In your work, you'll build business relationships, develop your entrepreneurship and showcase your leadership. Come join a bank where you are recognized and your contribution will add value!
- Profile: You must be enthusiastic about the client and overall financial planning offer
- Experience: Relevant experience in business development in financial advisory services
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent recognized by the IQPF)
- Valid licence of Mutual Fund Sales Representative (MFSRs)
- Certified financial planner certification (CFP) or be on track to obtain it within the next 12 months
- French / English (varies by region)
What does it take for a Financial Planner to stand out on our team? Here are a few of the main characteristics:
- Client-centric 10
- Leadership 9
- Entrepreneurship 9
- Strong interpersonal skills 9
- Business Development 9
- "Make-it-happen" attitude 8
- Flexibility 8
- Financial Planning 8
- Autonomy 7
5 key characteristics
- Ability to Influence
- Team Player
Our role as Financial Planners is to help our clients achieve their dreams!— Nancy Paquet, Senior Vice-President, Strategy, Investment and Savings, Retail Banking
Outreach and involvement from executives
Take charge of own success
Dynamic and flexible environment
Primary Locations: Hawkesbury, Ontario
Employee Status: Regular
A career as a financial planner at National Bank means playing an important role with your clients in the seven areas of financial planning expertise. It means working in synergy with the team to provide your clients with distinctive and personalized advice on how to achieve their life goals!
You will have to work with three branches: Rockland, Hawkesbury, Casselman.
- Identify your client's investment and financing needs and develop their financial plan.
- Advise clients by following their needs and market trends in order to offer adapted solutions and an exceptional client experience.
- Seize and create business development opportunities to increase the client base and grow existing portfolios.
- Be a positive leader by coaching your colleagues in their development and enabling them to grow in their roles.
Your portfolio is composed of approximately 400 to 500 clients, mainly professionals and entrepreneurs. Client meetings are conducted in person at the client's home, at the branch or remotely, depending on the needs.
This position requires onsite presence to meet customer and operational needs. We aim to offer you maximum flexibility in your work to support your quality of life. This includes flexible working hours to balance your work and personal life, and flexible time off at times that matter.
Want to learn more about the position and/or projects? Feel free to contact the manager Annie Doucet Arsenault
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent recognized by CSR) and relevant business development experience in the financial consulting field
- CFP or in the process of becoming one within the next 12 months
- Mutual fund representative license (REC)
- Experience in portfolio management with business development objectives to achieve
- Good team player and have a collaborative spirit
In addition to competitive compensation, upon hiring you’ll be eligible for a wide range of flexible benefits to help promote your wellbeing and that of your family.
- Health and wellness program, including many options
- Flexible group insurance
- Generous pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Preferential banking services
- Initiatives promoting community involvement
- Telemedicine service
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are a few of the benefits available to you. We have an offer that keeps up with trends as well as your needs and those of your family.
Our dynamic work environments and cutting-edge collaboration tools foster a positive employee experience. We actively listen to employees’ ideas. Whether through our surveys or programs, regular feedback and ongoing communication is encouraged.
We're putting people first
We're a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on peoples' lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that is accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodations, feel free to let us know during your first conversations with us.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Ready to live your ambitions?
JobField: Advisory Services, Personal Banking
Unposting Date: 2023-03-23
Job Number: FIN009DW
Posting Date: 2023-03-09
Register for job alerts according to my preferences.Subscribe
Let us search jobs for you based on the skills and experience listed in your profile.