Manager Commercial Banking Agribusiness Development
As a Manager, Commercial Banking, you will grow in step with your assigned portfolio of business clients. You will quickly become a trusted advisor on all of your clients’ financial projects. You will acquire new clients through the business development activities in which you will be involved. You will participate in a number of social activities with business people. Experienced, supportive co–workers will support you with complex and varied tasks that you will perform for your clients. You will fully experience the meaning of teamwork. Come join a bank that has a positive impact on people’s lives.
- Profile: Passion for business development
- Experience:Experience in sales and business development, commercial credit and financial analysis
- Background: Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
- Bilingualism:English and French, depending on the position location
- Work Environment:Bilingual, collaborative workspaces, teamwork, cutting-edge technological environments
What does it take for a Manager, Commercial Banking to stand out our team? Here are a few of the required skills:
- Driven by bussines development 10
- Client–centric 10
- Results–oriented 9
- Commercial credit expert 9
- Skilled networker 8
- Skilled negotiator 8
- Team player 7
- Autonomous and flexible 7
5 key characteristics
- Ability to build relationships
We help entrepreneurs make their dreams happen We manage our own business like an entrepreneur! It's so motivating! Each year is a new slate and brings new challenges.
Initial training and professional development
Digital workspaces and flexible schedules
Availability of Bank executives
Strong brand in Quebec and close relationships with clients
Manager, Commercial Banking
Employee Status: Regular
By joining our agribusiness financing team, you will have the opportunity to support small- and medium-sized agricultural businesses in your region with all their financing projects.
Through your advisory expertise and your interest in developing business in the agriculture sector, you will help your clients grow and thrive.
With a team of more than 90 agriculture specialists known for the quality of their advisory services, National Bank offers a work environment where diversity and cooperation are valued each and every day.
This position reports to Eric Bernard , Associate Vice President and is located in Granby.
- Identify and develop business opportunities in your market, build up your clientele, and establish business development strategies;
- Maintain regular contact with your clients and ensure their loyalty by initiating proposals that go beyond their needs;
- Negotiate terms and conditions for agreements with agribusiness clients, making sure that they meet risk management standards and profitability criteria;
- Obtain business objectives fixed by the business line;
- Develop the portfolio assigned to you and increasing its profitability by providing your clients with the advice they need using your knowledge and high-level professional experience;
- Ensure maximum visibility for yourself and the Bank with associations and private and governmental organizations, and participate actively in activities attended by decision-makers in your region's financial and agricultural sectors
- Identify all risks inherent to the Personal and Commercial Banking sector’s activities.
- Based on your academic background, at least 3 to 5 years' experience in sales and business development within the financial industry:
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years' experience
- Master's degree and 3 years' experience
- Aptitude to work in a team
- Aptitude for sales and business development
- Experience in commercial credit
- Experience in banking environment, an asset
In addition to competitive compensation, upon hiring you’ll be eligible for a wide range of flexible benefits to help promote your wellbeing and that of your family.
- Health and wellness program, including many options
- Flexible group insurance
- Generous pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Preferential banking services
- Initiatives promoting community involvement
- Telemedicine service
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are a few of the benefits available to you. We have an offer that keeps up with trends as well as your needs and those of your family.
Our dynamic work environments and cutting-edge collaboration tools foster a positive employee experience. We actively listen to employees’ ideas. Whether through our surveys or programs, regular feedback and ongoing communication is encouraged.
We're putting people first
We're a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on peoples' lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that is accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodations, feel free to let us know during your first conversations with us.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Ready to live your ambitions?
Particular Condition: ** Internally, the official title is Manager Commercial Banking, Agriculture, SME development
JobField: Advisory Services, Commercial Banking
Unposting Date: 2022-10-14
Job Number: AGR000CB
Posting Date: 2022-09-23
Register for job alerts according to my preferences.Subscribe