Do you want to contribute to our clients’ financial health and are you interested in being their trusted guide as you meet their needs? Then the position of Branch Advisor is for you! Your versatility and desire to learn will make a difference on the team where you’ll have the opportunity to develop in your position. With your team members, you’ll help the clientele in your market achieve their projects as you guide them through key moments in their lives.
- Experience: Have relevant work experience in customer service and business development in client support
- Training: Hold the Mutual Fund Representative (MFR) license or become certified within 3 months of hiring
- Languages: Bilingual in French and English, depending on the region. The ability to speak another language is an asset. We believe in making the community more inclusive!
- Work environment: Encourage team collaboration and a personalized approach for clients
- Employee Status: Regular
- Job type: Full-time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take for a Branch Advisor to stand out on our team? Here are a few of the main skills:
- Client focused10
- Business development10
- Teamwork & collaboration9
- Technically savvy8
- Open to change8
5 key characteristics:
- Enthusiasm for serving clients
- Understanding client needs
- Team player
- Relationships built on trust
It is an evolving, versatile role that brings colleagues together and breaks down the barriers in transaction services. It's allowed me to master a vast number of subjects so that I can support my client from start to finish.— Maxime, Branch Advisor
Career development in the position
Dynamic and stimulating environment
Solid relationships with clients
Primary Locations: Granby, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
As a Branch Advisor at the National Bank in Granby, you'll live up to your ambitions and have a positive impact on your own life as well as the lives of your clients and colleagues. You'll adopt a friendly approach and provide high-quality advice as you offer a people-centric experience for branch clients.
- Welcome clients when they arrive and answer their questions
- Help clients use our banking applications and ABMs
- Listen to people's needs and resolve situations that may be complex
- Provide advice and offer made-to-measure transactional, investment, financing and protection solutions
- Demonstrate the ability to build lasting business relationships
- Direct clients to your colleagues for their specialized needs
- Ensure adherence to compliance and risk management rules
The branch is open two nights a week and on Saturdays. A number of work schedules are possible and will vary depending on team availability. This position reports to the Branch Manager. Every day, you will work with a team of many experts specialized in investment, credit, mortgage financing and more.
Our team values passionate people and bold ideas. We work together to ensure our clients can meet their objectives and our colleagues can do what they love. We rely on our colleagues to share knowledge and help each other.
- College diploma or equivalent
- Experience is customer service, inclusive attitude and respect for diversity
- Positive attitude and strong empathy for clients
- Mutual fund representative (MFR) licence – You must obtain this licence within three months of hiring with a full refund once you have successfully obtained it
- Ability to communicate effectively in French.
- Discipline, commitment to teamwork and interest in learning
- Interest in technology and skill at sharing knowledge
- Ability to adapt to various situations
After gaining relevant experience as a Branch Advisor, many options will be available to you. For example, you could get promoted or move to another region or branch. We offer many career opportunities and encourage internal mobility.
Our training programs use on-the-job learning to help you master your role. You can access personalized training content on such topics as banking solutions and the advisory approach to support your ongoing learning. You'll also have access to colleagues with a wide range of expertise, experiences and profiles to enrich all aspects of your development.
Upon hiring, you will be eligible for a wide range of benefits. In addition to competitive compensation, we offer attractive benefits for you and your family:
- Health and wellness program, including many benefits
- Flexible group insurance
- Defined benefit pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and family assistance program
- Preferred banking services
- Volunteer program
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are just a few of the many benefits we offer. We've rolled out a number of additional measures to ensure your health, safety and wellbeing during the pandemic.
Our dynamic work environments and cutting-edge collaboration tools foster a pleasant employee experience. We value employees' ideas and use surveys and other programs to encourage feedback and ongoing communication.
We're putting people first
We're a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on peoples' lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that is accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodations, feel free to let us know during your first conversations with us.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Ready to live your ambitions?
Particular Condition:The selected candidates will have to complete online tests during the recruitment process. The candidate needs to be able to identify all risks inherent to the Personal and Commercial Banking sector’s activities
JobField: Advisory Services, Personal Banking
Unposting Date: 2022-01-28
Job Number: PER004EP
Posting Date: 2022-01-13
Register for job alerts according to my preferences.Subscribe