Manager Commercial Banking
As a Manager, Commercial Banking, you will grow in step with your assigned portfolio of business clients. You will quickly become a trusted advisor on all of your clients’ financial projects. You will acquire new clients through the business development activities in which you will be involved. You will participate in a number of social activities with business people. Experienced, supportive co–workers will support you with complex and varied tasks that you will perform for your clients. You will fully experience the meaning of teamwork. Come join a bank that has a positive impact on people’s lives.
- Profile: Passion for business development
- Experience:Experience in sales and business development, commercial credit and financial analysis
- Background: Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
- Bilingualism:English and French
- Work Environment:Bilingual, collaborative workspaces, teamwork, cutting-edge technological environments
What does it take for a Manager, Commercial Banking to stand out our team? Here are a few of the required skills:
- Driven by bussines development 10
- Client–centric 10
- Results–oriented 9
- Commercial credit expert 9
- Skilled networkert 8
- Skilled negotiator 8
- Team player 7
- Autonomus and flexible 7
5 key characteristics
- Ability to build relationships quickly
We help entrepreneurs make their dreams happen We manage our own business like an entrepreneur! It's so motivating! Each year is a new slate and brings new challenges.
Initial training and professional development
Digital workspaces and flexible schedules
Availability of Bank executives
Strong Brand in Quebec and close relationships with clients
Manager, Commercial Banking
Employee Status: Regular
- You have proven yourself in business development?
- You know how to build and manage relationships with your customers and partners?
- You have commercial credit experience?
The Business Account Manager position is perhaps the job you've been waiting for!
- Identify and develop business opportunities in your market, increase your commercial client base, and establish business development strategies
- Help your clients attain their business objectives by proposing financial strategies based on the most suitable combination of Bank products and services
- Meet clients' changing needs by adapting and optimizing financial products and advice/approaches
- Negotiate the terms and conditions of agreements with clients, while making sure that they meet risk management standards and profitability criteria
- Draw up business development plans
- Assist the Associate Vice-President in reaching objectives
- Work with the Manager – Financing Solutions
- Actively participate to various networking activities (cocktails, conferences, etc.)
- The candidate needs to be able to identify all risks inherent to the Personal and Commercial Banking sector’s activities
- Based on your academic background, at least 4 to 8 years' experience in sales and business development within the financial industry:
- University certificate and 8 years' experience
- Bachelor's degree and 6 years' experience
- Master's degree and 4 years' experience
- Experience in sales and business development
- Experience in analysis of financial statements
- Experience in commercial credit
- Network of professional contacts among local medium-sized entreprises and large companies, an asset
- French and English (spoken and written)
The Bank has innovated by modernizing its performance evaluation system to better meet our clients’ evolving needs. From now on, the corporate values (expected behaviours) of partnership, agility and empowerment count as much as the business objectives.
Working at National Bank means having access to competitive working conditions, a wide range of employee benefits, a dynamic work environment and telemedicine services.
National Bank sees diversity as a great source of wealth and values it in all its dimensions. Its objective is to offer an open, respectful work environment where all employees can achieve their full potential. Senior management's concrete commitment helps spread this value across all sectors in the organization. The Bank has been ranked among the top employers for diversity in Canada for several years.
Come and see how: https://jobs.nbc.ca/diversity
Particular Condition:As part of his duties, the candidate will be required to travel to meet clients.
Please note that a minimal time in function (in the same function/or same portfolio) of 3 years is required for this position because it demands a constant and direct relationship with customers. This period will allow you to acquire the required skills for the position and to build a relationship with your customers.
OVERVIEW OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
All applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Once your application has been reviewed, if you're selected to continue the process, you'll receive an email invitation within 72 hours from
to answer a Talent Explorer questionnaire. **Please check your spam or junk folder.
You'll have 24 hours to complete the questionnaire (takes 15 minutes). Completing the questionnaire is mandatory if you want to continue with the recruitment process.
We thank all candidates who show their interest and apply. However, because of the volume of applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted for a first-round interview.
JobField: Advisory Services, Commercial Banking
Unposting Date: 2020-10-28
Job Number: ADV0010I
Posting Date: 2020-10-14
Register for job alerts according to my preferences.Subscribe