Account Manager Commercial Banking
As a Manager, Commercial Banking, you will grow in step with your assigned portfolio of business clients. You will quickly become a trusted advisor on all of your clients’ financial projects. You will acquire new clients through the business development activities in which you will be involved. You will participate in a number of social activities with business people. Experienced, supportive co–workers will support you with complex and varied tasks that you will perform for your clients. You will fully experience the meaning of teamwork. Come join a bank that has a positive impact on people’s lives.
- Profile: Passion for business development
- Experience:Experience in sales and business development, commercial credit and financial analysis
- Background: Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
- Bilingualism:English and French, depending on the position location
- Work Environment:Bilingual, collaborative workspaces, teamwork, cutting-edge technological environments
What does it take for a Manager, Commercial Banking to stand out our team? Here are a few of the required skills:
- Driven by bussines development 10
- Client–centric 10
- Results–oriented 9
- Commercial credit expert 9
- Skilled networker 8
- Skilled negotiator 8
- Team player 7
- Autonomous and flexible 7
5 key characteristics
- Ability to build relationships
We help entrepreneurs make their dreams happen We manage our own business like an entrepreneur! It's so motivating! Each year is a new slate and brings new challenges.
Initial training and professional development
Digital workspaces and flexible schedules
Availability of Bank executives
Strong brand in Quebec and close relationships with clients
Manager, Commercial Banking
Employee Status: Regular
The National Bank is currently looking for an Account Manager, Commercial Banking for its mid-market commercial/investment real estate division out of Calgary, AB, with this role located out of Edmonton, AB.
The main responsibilities of the role is to manage and grow a portfolio largely consisting of Commercial Deposit & Lending Customers to ensure their day to day banking needs are met and proactively develop new business opportunities in the sector.
Reporting to the Associate Vice President, you will act as a strategic business partner by advising commercial clients on integrated financing solutions and deposit strategies that meet their needs. You will ensure the optimal management of the portfolio entrusted to you and maximize its profitability. You will develop preferred business relationships to ensure the satisfaction and loyalty of your commercial clients. You will also help increase business volume by introducing solid development strategies in your region.
- As an Account Manager Commercial Banking, you will manage a portfolio primarily focused on Commercial Deposits, while being responsible for business expansion in both deposits and lending.
- To ensure client loyalty, you will maintain frequent contact with clients and suggest solutions that meet and exceed their expectations
- Identify and develop business opportunities in your market.
- Maintain quality of your loan and deposit portfolio to maximize its profitability and achieve sustainable growth.
- You will work with the full Commercial team to meet and exceed shared objectives
- You will also negotiate the terms and conditions of agreements with clients by applying sound credit management skills.
- Demonstrate agility through organizational change and help resolve problematic situations
- Ensure your maximum visibility in the Edmonton and Alberta market by leveraging your centres of influence, and established networks which include various organizations and associations.
- Based on your academic background, at least 4 to 8 years' experience in sales and business development within the financial industry:
- University certificate and 9 years' experience
- Bachelor's degree and 7 years' experience
- Master's degree and 5 years' experience
- Experience in sales and business development
- Network of professional contacts among local medium-sized enterprises and large companies, an asset
- Experience in Commercial Credit and larger Commercial Deposits
- Excellent command of English (spoken and written), French is an asset
Upon hiring, you will be eligible for a wide range of benefits. In addition to competitive compensation, we offer attractive benefits for you and your family:
- Health and wellness program, including many benefits
- Flexible group insurance
- Defined benefit pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and family assistance program
- Preferred banking services
- Volunteer program
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are just a few of the many benefits we offer. We've rolled out a number of additional measures to ensure your health, safety and wellbeing during the pandemic.
We're putting people first
We're a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on peoples' lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that is accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodations, feel free to let us know during your first conversations with us.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Ready to live your ambitions?
Particular Condition:As part of his duties, the candidate will have to travel to meet with clients.
JobField: Advisory Services, Commercial Banking
Unposting Date: 2021-10-26
Job Number: COR000M0
Posting Date: 2021-10-12
Register for job alerts according to my preferences.Subscribe