Primary Locations: Calgary, Alberta
Employee Status: Regular
Private Banking, 1859 - National Bank's Private Banking division - offers financial/wealth management solutions and advice to a discerning high-net-worth clientele. Our multidisciplinary team works in close partnership to deliver an integrated offering to high net worth and ultra-high net worth clients.
Private Banking, 1859 has expanded into the Western Canadian market, with new offices in Calgary and Vancouver. To continue our development in these high-growth markets and to stand out from the competition, we are expanding our team of truly passionate professionals who are committed to offering unparalleled service to a distinctive clientele.
The position of Private Banker/Senior Private Banker will report directly to the Vice-President, Private Banking, 1859.
- Offer complex credit/banking solutions and advice to wealthy clients and their families.
- Provide guidance to support the client’s overall family objectives
- Become the Lead Relationship Manager for the client relationship, engaging partners/specialist when required
- Ensure compliance and regulatory requirements are met
- Grow a profitable banking portfolio of high net worth and ultra-high net worth clients
Specifically, you will:
- Manage client discovery meetings in collaboration with the Investment Counselor to build multi line business relationships
- Provide a “red carpet” client experience through pace, accessibility and competency
- Provide judgement and subject matter expertise to clients on complex credit structures and renewals
- Negotiate terms/conditions and pricing conditions for credit facilities, ensuring they meet risk management standards as set out by the Bank and the business
- Sell banking solutions to clients who meet the Private Banking profile
- Sustain profitable relationships with existing clients
- Engage internal and external partners within NBFG as required and in conjunction with client needs
- Develop a strong network of Centers of Influence and partners in the Alberta high net worth market
- Grow the Private Banking business and brand in Alberta
- Bachelor's degree in a related field and six (6) years' relevant experience, or Master's degree in a related field and four (4) years' relevant experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of banking products/services in both personal and commercial banking
- Extensive knowledge and experience dealing with complex credit structures
- Exceptional client service, sales, business development and negotiation experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong internal/external relationships
- Accessible, proactive, client centric, agile and accountable
- Leadership, autonomy, perseverance, teamwork
- Exceptional English oral and written communication skills
- French an asset but not required
The compensation associated with this position is available on the My HR portal. You will find the salary scales by indicating it as a keyword in the "Search" field of the portal. While only one level is posted, the manager has the latitude to position the selected candidate at a lower level, depending on his profile.
We strive to be an inclusive organization where all employees are valued. National Bank stands out for its many initiatives to promote inclusion, making it a Canada-wide leader in diversity.
Particular Condition:In addition, the shortlisted candidates may be invited to undergo testing by an outside firm to assess their skills in relation to the position profile.
This assessment will include various exercises, psychometric tests and a structured interview
JobField: Wealth Management
Unposting Date: 2019-01-17
Job Number: WEA000BO
Posting Date: 2019-01-03