Primary Locations: Calgary, Alberta
Employee Status: Regular
- Are you passionate about trading risks and you are recognized by a solid quantitative and financial markets background?
- Do you have experience and knowledge in financial and derivative products valuation and market risk measurement?
- Are you curious and good at building market risk analytics and providing insights and analysis?
As a Market Risk Chief Analyst, you will be responsible for overseeing and monitoring market risk and performance of the commodities desk, and act as a central point of contact with the Front Office.
- Understand the commodities markets and business strategies, the various products traded and key drivers behind day-to-day P&L and risk (VaR, SVaR, Greeks, Stress scenario) variations and how various commodities products are set up in systems.
- Ensure that risks are appropriately identified, measured, controlled, and reported.
- Propose metrics, thresholds and limits for Market Risk Appetite that are aligned with the Bank’s risk appetite.
- Analyze and communicate changes and trends in material risk exposures as well as potential threats.
- Monitor and analyze key risk exposures vs. limits as well as profitability drivers.
- Review and opine on limits (temporary or permanent) before their approval
- Develop and calibrate new stress test scenarios.
- Lead the development of relevant guidelines and BUMRLs, ensuring a simple and effective risk framework.
- Identify risks in new products and activities and ensure that they are subject to adequate procedures and controls before being introduced or undertaken.
- Propose and approve market parameters sources, methodologies and assumptions related to valuations and valuations adjustments.
- Build, improve and conduct independent price verification (IPV) and review the methodologies related to IPV on an ongoing basis.
- Recommend adequate risk metrics or review/challenge methodologies and assumptions when risks are measured and reported by the first line of defense.
- Review and recommend changes (if applicable) to the various market risk policies periodically
- Assist the Senior Manager with ad hoc analysis/projects, monthly/quarterly reporting mandates and OSFI meeting/Audit requirements
- Coordinate and work with other groups (Middle Office, VaR, Operations, Accounting etc.) in the bank on a regular basis.
We want to contribute to your quality of life by offering you as much flexibility as possible in your work. For example, we offer hybrid work (remote and in the office), work schedule arrangements to help you achieve work/life balance and flexible leave that you can take when it’s important to you.
- Completed degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Finance or a related quantitative field with approximately 3-5 years relevant experience and 2+ years commodities markets/derivatives experience
- Good knowledge of Greeks (linear and non-linear), VaR and Stress scenarios
- Strong IT/programming/automation skills (Excel VBA, Python, MS Office, Bloomberg etc.)
- Excellent communication and analytical skills with a problem-solving mindset
- Proactive with ability to work as both part of a close-knit team and independently
- Ability to communicate complex issues to stakeholders, both written and verbally, in a clear concise manner
- Experience in a Front Office facing role (Trading floor experience will be considered an asset)
- FRM, PRM and CFA certifications considered an asset
- Experience with Murex commodities module or an equivalent ETRM/CTRM system, an asset
In addition to competitive compensation, upon hiring you’ll be eligible for a wide range of flexible benefits to help promote your wellbeing and that of your family.
- Health and wellness program, including many options
- Flexible group insurance
- Generous pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Preferential banking services
- Initiatives promoting community involvement
- Telemedicine service
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are a few of the benefits available to you. We have an offer that keeps up with trends as well as your needs and those of your family.
Our dynamic work environments and cutting-edge collaboration tools foster a positive employee experience. We actively listen to employees’ ideas. Whether through our surveys or programs, regular feedback and ongoing communication is encouraged.
We're putting people first
We're a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on peoples' lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that is accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodations, feel free to let us know during your first conversations with us.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Ready to live your ambitions?
JobField: Risk Management
Unposting Date: 2022-12-07
Job Number: MAR0012O
Posting Date: 2022-11-23