Manager Commercial Banking Agriculture
As a Manager, Commercial Banking, you will grow in step with your assigned portfolio of business clients. You will quickly become a trusted advisor on all of your clients’ financial projects. You will acquire new clients through the business development activities in which you will be involved. You will participate in a number of social activities with business people. Experienced, supportive co–workers will support you with complex and varied tasks that you will perform for your clients. You will fully experience the meaning of teamwork. Come join a bank that has a positive impact on people’s lives.
- Profile: Passion for business development
- Experience:Experience in sales and business development, commercial credit and financial analysis
- Background: Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
- Bilingualism:English and French
- Work Environment:Bilingual, collaborative workspaces, teamwork, cutting-edge technological environments
What does it take for a Manager, Commercial Banking to stand out our team? Here are a few of the required skills:
- Driven by bussines development 10
- Client–centric 10
- Results–oriented 9
- Commercial credit expert 9
- Skilled networkert 8
- Skilled negotiator 8
- Team player 7
- Autonomus and flexible 7
5 key characteristics
- Ability to build relationships quickly
We help entrepreneurs make their dreams happen We manage our own business like an entrepreneur! It's so motivating! Each year is a new slate and brings new challenges.
Initial training and professional development
Digital workspaces and flexible schedules
Availability of Bank executives
Strong Brand in Quebec and close relationships with clients
Manager, Commercial Banking
Employee Status: Regular
- You have a solid experience in the Agriculture sector?
- You have experience in agricultural lending?
- Passionate about the customer experience, you want to invest yourself in order to create a positive impact in the lives of our customers?
The National Bank is currently looking for a Manager Commercial Banking, Agriculture for its mid-market commercial Agriculture division.
Reporting to the Associate Vice President, you will act as a strategic business partner by advising agriculture / agribusiness clients on integrated financing solutions and deposit strategies that meet their needs.
You will be supporting the Southern Alberta region.
- As a Manager Commercial Banking, Agriculture, you will manage an agriculture / agribusiness portfolio while being responsible for business expansion
- You will actively participate in activities designed to increase volume
- To ensure client loyalty, you will maintain frequent contacts with clients and suggest solutions that meet and exceed their expectations. You will also identify and develop business opportunities in your market
- In addition, you will develop an agriculture / agribusiness clientele and establish business development strategies
- Moreover, you will see to it that the quality of your loan and deposit portfolio is maintained, ensure its expansion and maximize its profitability by taking on a consulting role in line with clients' needs
- You will assist your immediate superior with a view to achieving objectives. You will also negotiate the terms and conditions of agreements with clients by applying credit management and collateral taking standards
- To ensure constant improvement, you will cooperate with organizational change and help resolve problematic situations
- Identify and develop business opportunities in your market, build up your clientele, and establish business development strategies
- Maintain regular contact with your clients and ensure their loyalty by initiating proposals that go beyond their needs
- Negotiate terms and conditions for agreements with agribusiness clients, making sure that they meet risk management standards and profitability criteria
- Obtain business objectives fixed by the business line
- Develop the portfolio assigned to you and increasing its profitability by providing your clients with the advice they need using your knowledge and high-level professional experience
- Ensure maximum visibility for yourself and the Bank with associations and private and governmental organizations, and participate actively in activities attended by decision-makers in your region's financial and agricultural sectors
- Completed Bachelor's degree in Agriculture or Agroeconomics and six years of relevant experience or completed Master's degree in a related field and four years of relevant experience
- Relevant experience in the field and excellent aptitude for sales and business development
- Excellent command of English (spoken and written)
By joining our agribusiness financing team, you will have the opportunity to support large agricultural businesses with all their financing projects!
Ready to make a difference within a team? To have a positive impact? Submit your application!
Working at National Bank means having access to competitive working conditions, a wide range of employee benefits, a dynamic work environment and telemedicine services.
National Bank sees diversity as a great source of wealth and values it in all its dimensions. Its objective is to offer an open, respectful work environment where all employees can achieve their full potential. Senior management's concrete commitment helps spread this value across all sectors in the organization. The Bank has been ranked among the top employers for diversity in Canada for several years.
Come and see how: https://jobs.nbc.ca/diversity
The Bank has innovated by modernizing its performance evaluation system to better meet our clients’ evolving needs. From now on, the corporate values (expected behaviours) of partnership, agility and empowerment count as much as the business objectives.
Particular Condition:OVERVIEW OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
All applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Once your application has been reviewed, if you're selected to continue the process, you'll receive an email invitation within 72 hours from
to answer a Talent Explorer questionnaire. **Please check your spam or junk folder.
You'll have 24 hours to complete the questionnaire (takes 15 minutes). Completing the questionnaire is mandatory if you want to continue with the recruitment process.
We thank all candidates who show their interest and apply. However, because of the volume of applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted for a first-round interview.
JobField: Advisory Services, Commercial Banking
Unposting Date: 2021-01-27
Job Number: AGR000AQ
Posting Date: 2021-01-07
Register for job alerts according to my preferences.Subscribe