Primary Locations: Calgary, Alberta
Employee Status: Regular
- Does managing and leading a branch team interest you?
- Do you have coaching and training skills?
- Do you have compliance experience and banking knowledge?
This new opportunity, at the forefront of the new business model at Private Banking 1859, could be right for you!
As Customer Service Manager – Private Banking you'll report to the Regional Vice-President in the Calgary region and be responsible for applying the Private Banking 1859 vision and playing a key role in your branch's operations. You'll listen attentively to your employees, be actively involved in their daily coaching, and ensure your team's professional development.
More specifically, you will be required to:
- Supervise administrative operations of the Private Banking 1859 branch
- Supervise, on a daily basis, 9 Banking Associates, receptionists and/or clerks, as well as structure the activities of a team of 8 Senior Private Bankers
- Support business opportunities in your market and help establish business development strategies
- Oversee the smooth functioning of the branch's daily operations, specifically, account management, cash management, receipt and delivery of securities to/from clients, receipt book management as well as correspondence management, scheduling, staffing, etc.
- Ensure a uniform Red-Carpet client experience throughout the PB1859 network and make sure that operational quality and compliance standards are followed, in accordance with the policies and procedures in effect.
- Ensure communication, understanding and compliance with administrative policies and procedures
- Act as an advisor to the RVP on the performance and quality of work done by the team of associates reporting to you, and contribute to the Bank's business development by ensuring the development of effective policies, programs and strategies
- Escalate, negotiate and coordinate with various internal and external partners to resolve files
- Act as a change agent in implementing special projects initiated by Head Office
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 5 -10 years of experience, including one year in a similar function or at least 1 year in personnel management combined with 3 years in business development and customer service
- Experience in coaching and training personnel
- Management experience, an asset
- Expertise in compliance
- Recognized banking expertise (processes, products & applications)
- Change management skills
- Bilingualism, both spoken and written (English and French), an asset
Increase your chances of success by demonstrating your leadership and influencer skills as well as your client focus!
At National Bank, we stand out by investing in our employees throughout their careers—as demonstrated when we were awarded silver in the "Most Innovative use of HR Technology" category at the 2020 Canadian HR Awards for our use of Axonify, a personalized learning solution that can be used every day.
The Bank has innovated by modernizing its performance evaluation system to better meet our clients’ evolving needs. From now on, the corporate values (expected behaviours) of partnership, agility and empowerment count as much as the business objectives.
Working at National Bank means having access to competitive working conditions, a wide range of employee benefits, a dynamic work environment and telemedicine services.
National Bank values all aspects of diversity and sees it as a tremendous source of wealth. We want to offer an open, respectful work environment where all employees can achieve their full potential. Senior management has made a concrete commitment to promote this value across all sectors of the organization. We're committed to providing accommodations as needed and ensuring accessibility during the recruitment process and after hiring. If you have any specific needs, please let us know during our initial conversation and we'll be happy to accommodate you.
JobField: Wealth Management
Unposting Date: 2021-06-15
Job Number: PER0043C
Posting Date: 2021-06-02