Primary Locations: Brossard, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
The Agri-Food Group is growing rapidly.
By joining our specialized team, you’ll have the opportunity to support the sector’s top agri-food players in all their financing projects.
As Manager Financing Solutions Agro Industry, and in collaboration with your colleagues, you’ll play a key role in providing strategic support to agri-food businesses. Your varied and complex tasks will help you quickly become a trusted advisor for businesses that feed the world.
This position reports to the Associate Vice-President of the Agri-Food Group and located in the greater Montreal area or Quebec depending on where the hired candidate resides.
- Act as an expert advisor, leveraging your knowledge and extensive professional experience to provide clients with tailored advice.
- Help your clients achieve their business objectives by proposing financial strategies based on the best combination of specialized financing products.
- Support account managers when setting up new financing files and at all stages of file monitoring and renewal.
- Provide expertise in the areas of financing structure, financial analysis and all aspects of file assessment.
- Identify the Bank's financial risks in terms of financing and issue recommendations to mitigate or eliminate them.
- Act as a resource for credit questions within your team and assist the AVP, as needed, in developing team members' skills in this area.
- Help develop sector-specific financing strategies and guidelines to support the AVP.
Specifically, you will:
- Help prepare files, including analyzing and setting up business financing structures.
- In some cases, work with the account manager to help with preliminary meetings and the presentation of draft offers of financing to clients.
- Participate in negotiations with internal stakeholders (Operations, Credit, Syndication department, etc.) and external stakeholders (legal advisors, other financial institutions, clients, prospective clients, etc.).
- Actively participate in all stages of monitoring and renewing existing credit.
- Use credit risk and profitability assessment tools to ensure compliance with financing and risk management policies and standards.
- A completed bachelor’s degree in a related field and 7 years of relevant experience OR a completed master's degree in a related field and 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience in complex commercial credit and knowledge of products and services for businesses
- Experience in analyzing developed financial models
- Knowledge of debt capital markets, an asset
- Knowledge of the agri-food ecosystem, an asset
- Experience in customer service, negotiating and business development
- Ability to manage priorities and timelines
- Interpersonal skills and a team player
- Bilingualism (English and French) required, as you will work closely with colleagues outside Quebec
In addition to competitive compensation, upon hiring you’ll be eligible for a wide range of flexible benefits to help promote your wellbeing and that of your family.
- Health and wellness program, including many options
- Flexible group insurance
- Generous pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Preferential banking services
- Initiatives promoting community involvement
- Telemedicine service
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are a few of the benefits available to you. We have an offer that keeps up with trends as well as your needs and those of your family.
Our dynamic work environments and cutting-edge collaboration tools foster a positive employee experience. We actively listen to employees’ ideas. Whether through our surveys or programs, regular feedback and ongoing communication is encouraged.
We're putting people first
We're a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on peoples' lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that is accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodations, feel free to let us know during your first conversations with us.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Ready to live your ambitions?
JobField: Advisory Services, Commercial Banking
Unposting Date: 2023-03-29
Job Number: AGR000CQ
Posting Date: 2023-03-15