Primary Locations: Brossard, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
- Do you have solid brokerage and business development experience?
- Are you a passionate coach? Would you like to coach large teams of investment advisors?
- Do you want to be the Regional Manager's "right-hand person" and manage the sales activities in a fast-growing region?
If so, this challenge is for you!
As the Associate Regional Manager for The South shore of Montreal (Office located in Brossard), you will be responsible for achieving business unit objectives by providing coaching support for the region's investment advisors. This position reports to the Vice-President and Regional Manager, National Bank Financial Wealth Management ("NBFWM")
We are the brokerage firm of National Bank of Canada, with a total of $351 billion in assets and more than 24,000 employees worldwide.
National Bank Financial – Wealth Management is the fifth largest investment dealer in Canada. We have almost 1,000 Investment Advisors in over 100 branches, helping more than 400,000 personal clients manage their assets.
- Implement business plans developed by the Regional Manager while eliminating obstacles that undermine sales force efficiency
- Manage a group of investment advisors to maximize productivity and revenue opportunities
- Be the resource person for the investment advisors under your responsibility and communicate strategic objectives and organizational information
- More specifically, you will be required to:
- Manage the investment advisors' performance by evaluating their activities, facilitating business planning, and coordinating access to coaching for other partners
- Manage front-line communications with investment advisors and resolve day-to-day issues
- Act as a regional and internal ambassador for NBFWM by participating in community events and business partnerships
- Communicate the organization's policies and procedures and ensure that they are observed
- Act as a compliance leader, maintain the compliance structure in place, and supervise the regional compliance supervisor to ensure that associated regulatory requirements are met
- Evaluate and provide feedback to improve client service quality and the client experience in the region
- Establish performance objectives for sales assistants and the administrative team, assess their performance and provide feedback or corrective measures, if necessary
- Manage local managers and ensure that they fulfill their roles and responsibilities
Interested in the role? Apply now!
- Bachelor's or master's degree in a related field and 6 to 8 years of relevant brokerage experience, including 4 years in a supervisory capacity managing a large team of advisors
- Branch Managers Course (BMC), Completed Canadian Securities Course (CSC), Conduct and Practices Handbook Course (CPH)
- Registered with IIROC, an asset
- Client-centric with strong business development skills and in-depth knowledge of the industry
- Excellent skills in relationship and partner management and negotiation
- Demonstrated ability to find workable solutions to complex issues
- Ability to act as a mediator and facilitate working in large groups
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bilingualism, spoken and written
At National Bank, we stand out by investing in our employees throughout their careers—as demonstrated when we were awarded silver in the "Most Innovative use of HR Technology" category at the 2020 Canadian HR Awards for our use of Axonify, a personalized learning solution that can be used every day.
The Bank has innovated by modernizing its performance evaluation system to better meet our clients’ evolving needs. From now on, the corporate values (expected behaviours) of partnership, agility and empowerment count as much as the business objectives.
Working at National Bank means having access to competitive working conditions, a wide range of employee benefits, a dynamic work environment and telemedicine services.
National Bank values all aspects of diversity and sees it as a tremendous source of wealth. We want to offer an open, respectful work environment where all employees can achieve their full potential. Senior management has made a concrete commitment to promote this value across all sectors of the organization. We're committed to providing accommodations as needed and ensuring accessibility during the recruitment process and after hiring. If you have any specific needs, please let us know during our initial conversation and we'll be happy to accommodate you.
Particular Condition:The selected person will have to travel to meet his team and for business development.
JobField: Advisory Services, Personal Banking
Unposting Date: 2021-10-27
Job Number: MAN003QV
Posting Date: 2021-10-15